Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday 9 ~ The Monkees ~ 8/3/13




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE MONKEES



Thanks to Cie for recommending the Monkees

1) This song is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight?
I don't know about love at first sight.  Maybe just the feeling of wanting to fall in love.

2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one?

Nope :(

3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals?

No.

4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire?
I think I would give it a try as long as I knew the net would catch me :)

5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week?
I actually think that Monday is my favorite day.  I'm a SAHM so after the craziness of the weekend it always feels good to get back on a routine of a normal day.

6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance. 
My favorite memories from a school dance is actually decorating for our Junior Prom.  It was so much fun to deck out the whole gym like an enchanted garden and it was a great time with my friends!   

7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad?
None of the above.  Yuck!

8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would you rather spend it at the mall, checking outwhat's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves?
Can I split the time between the two?

9) Do you have a good memory for names?

I'd like to think so.


8 comments:

  1. I like your refreshing approach to the new week, and that you chose Monday as your favorite day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the school year, Monday is a welcome refuge from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. High-five for your answer to #7. We can take a stand against mayonnaise-soaked grossness together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a retired senior, I try to make the weekends relaxation at home days...sometimes we relax so much that Mondays are cleaning days for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I third the mayo ruling! LOL! Mondays ARE nice during the school year. It's so nice to take that first deep breath of silence after the kids all leave and I can have a cup of coffee in peace after a busy weekend!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember feeling the same way about Monday's when my kids were in school. Monday was my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another SAHM.... Mondays in the summers are like any other day... almost busier because I feel like a dad gum taxi! Dern Kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.