Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fleece Hat and Scarf for the Collector of Cows

My aunt Sherry loves cows and collects anything "Cow".  Each year at Christmas I try to come up with something new and "cowy" for her present.

When I saw this tutorial over at A Girl and A Glue Gun, I knew what this year's gift would be.

A cow scarf.


I had never slaughtered a cow before and was quite excited to take my scissors to the brand new plush cow body.  I couldn't find one that actually moo'ed.  That would have been too perfect!

I giggled the whole time I cut through the body because I felt like I was being naughty.


The fleece I used was from a fleece throw I found at the discount grocery store for $2.99. 

I had a lot left over and decided Aunt Sherry needed a cow hat, too.  I used this tutorial at Mountain Mom Report for the fleece hat. 

I added a rolled flower from the edging of the fleece throw.  Just threw that together all by myself!


One final peek at the proud Aunty showing of her new "Cow Attire".  I gave it to her before church and she had to show everyone. 

She was very excited.  Although she thinks my uncle Steve might pretend not to know her when they go shopping and she's sporting her ensemble!

I had soooo much fun making this gift and even more fun giving it.

Love you, Aunt Sherry!

Linking to:
Homemaking Link-up
We Did It Wednesday
Wednesday at Tea Rose Home
Strut Your Stuff Thursday
Simple Pleasures
Sew & Tell Friday
Made By You Monday
Making Your Home Sing
Homemaker Monday
Fabric Tuesday
Domestically Divine Linkup

4 comments:

  1. That is waaay to cute. I miss you Sherry. Wear it proudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!
    This would also be a neat way to "recycle/re-use" some of those out-grown stuffed animals the kids no longer want...or a neat way to save and use just that special one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is waaay to cute. I miss you Sherry. Wear it proudly.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.