Sunday, January 8, 2023

Book Review ~ Mind Games by Nancy Mehl


~~~~~~~~~~~~



Title:   Mind Games by Nancy Mehl
Series:  Kaely Quinn Profiler Book 1
Pages:  332
Date Published: December 4, 2018
Publisher:  Bethany House Publishers

 Blurb:

Kaely Quinn's talents as an FBI behavior analyst are impossible to ignore, no matter how unorthodox her methods. But when a reporter outs her as the daughter of an infamous serial killer, she's demoted to field agent and transferred to St. Louis.

When the same reporter who ruined her career claims to have received an anonymous poem predicting a string of murders, ending with Kaely's, the reporter's ulterior motives bring his claim into question. But when a body is found that fits the poem's predictions, the threat is undeniable, and the FBI sends Special Agent Noah Hunter to St. Louis.

Initially resentful of the assignment, Noah is surprised at how quickly his respect for Kaely grows, despite her oddities. But with a brazen serial killer who breaks all the normal patterns on the loose, Noah and Kaely are tested to their limits to catch the murderer before anyone else--including Kaely herself--is killed.
 

My Thoughts:

I have not written a proper Book Review in months! That is because I have read anything other than the Bible and my Devotional book in months.  I decided that this year I'm going to spend at least 15 minutes a day reading even if I have to squeeze those 15 minutes in during my lunch break.

The book I chose to read first in 2023 was "Mind Games".

I am blown away!

This was definitely a suspenseful book.  If you liked the show "Prodigal Son", you'll love this book!

I definitely ended up reading more than 15 minutes a day because I could NOT put this book down once I got started.  I couldn't figure out who the killer was!  There were so many twists and turns.  I could hardly wait to find out what was going to happen next.  And OH MY.  The ending!!!!  Amazing!

I am so glad this is the first book in the series.  I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series.


Onto the next book :)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! And I love catching a series at the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the published date is incorrect on this. As it says 2028 and we are only at 2023. It does sound like an interesting book though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and enjoyed the first two quite a while back. I have the third one checked out of the library, hoping to finish the series, and hoping to have time before it is due back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.