Saturday, January 14, 2023

15 Minutes to Stitch ~ Friendship Quilt Block Swap ~ 1/15/2023

 

One of my "plans" for 2023 is to spend 15 minutes a day stitching.  That might entail sewing, quilting, crocheting anything else I might come up with.  I'll be joining in with Kate @ Life in Pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't have much time this week to stitch as I was away from home every evening and fell into bed when I got home.

I did however get my Friendship Swap fabric sent out and have started to receive some pattern and fabrics in the mail from my swap partners.  I have Monday off of work so I plan on spending most of the day making quilt blocks.  I'm so excited to get my sewing machine dusted off.

Here are the contents of the packages I've received so far:





I did manage to get some pictures of Sunny Blue Hawaii progress.  I have 23/63 granny squares completed.  I actually plan on crocheting some more after I post this while we have a Family Movie Night.  So hopefully I'll have more to show next week.


Look at all these ends I have to sew in!  I don't mind sewing in ends but I have to be in the "mood" for it.  Which I'm not.   :)


So next week, I'm hoping to have some Friendship Swap quilt blocks to show you and some more Sunny Blue Hawaii 2.

What are you stitching this week?

Colletta

9 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make a granny square quilt. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crochet over my ends as I go. I rarely sew in ends on granny squares. I even crochet over the ends of the last round of each square when I crochet them together. I have made a whole lot of granny square afghans this way and they don't come apart. I really like the colors you are using. Enjoy your Friendship Swap. You've received some great fabrics and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those crocheted blocks the colors really pop, I look forward to seeing the Friendship blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the Friendship swap. Such pretty fabrics that you have received. Your afghan is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue and yellow blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granny squares are always a lovely sight to see. Yours dancing in blue and yellow are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Friendship block swap looks like fun. Hopefully this week is better than last week on the stitching front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny Blue Hawaii is coming right along! I love those colors! Thanks for linking up at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bits of swap fabric are lovely! What a great idea to be in a swap like that! Also love your crochet - looking great! Hope you're having a lovely week and thank you for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.