Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hodgepodge ~ 9/27/17

  
http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/
 
Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.

This question is very bitter-sweet today.

Monday our little Jasmine very suddenly passed away.  We are heartbroken :(

Here is a picture of my little buddy helping me crochet.



2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?

I try to be flexible in my schedule.  Sometimes, that means working a bit ahead so that things don't come up that I MUST get done on a certain day.

Having said that, I MUST get some of my husband's work jeans washed or he'll be wearing his dress pants to work tonight!

3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?

Oh my!  Ten years ago???  Well, ten years ago at this time I had a 6 year old and a 6 month old.  Times were very different.  Different needs and responsibilities for all 4 of us.


4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, xiao long bao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls, or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice? Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?

I had no idea it was National Dumpling Day!  hehe  I love apple dumplings and also chicken and dumplings.  Pierogis are yummy too.  I've made all three from scratch.


5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you?

I'm both.  Sometimes I enjoy a good adventure and other times, I'd rather be home reading a good book.  I guess then I'm getting my adventure vicariously :)

6. Insert your own random thought here.

My blog facebook page recently got 100 likes.  I'm having a Celebration Giveaway.  Click HERE for details and to enter!






I'd love to return the visit!  Please leave a comment and a link!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the loss of your little buddy. I'm sure you're missing her.
    It's always amazing how much happens in ten years, especially when raising children! It's also scary how quickly time flies by.
    Have a great day,
    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your Jasmine. It is so hard to lose a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always sad to lose a pet, but especially when it is so unexpected. I am truly sorry.
    There isn't much more that says home cooking than dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry to hear about your little Jasmine. Our fur babies are a very important part of our families. We went through this a couple of years ago with our Hunter when he suddenly died right in my arms. Hugs $ blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry about the passing of your fur baby. I lost one of mine July 5th after she went downhill in the span of a week. It's so heartbreaking. Tender hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.