Thursday, September 28, 2017

Book Review ~ Dancing with Fireflies by Denise Hunter ~ 9/28/17

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
18126898
 
Blurb:
 
Jade returns home to Chapel Springs after years of protecting her fragile heart. Then along comes Daniel, making her long to dance again.

Creative and complicated, Jade McKinley felt like a weed in a rose garden growing up in Chapel Springs. When she left, she thought she'd never look back. But now, pregnant, alone, and broke, she has no other choice but to return.

The mayor of Chapel Springs, Daniel Dawson, has been an honorary member of the McKinley family for years. While his own home life was almost non-existent, Daniel fit right into the boisterous McKinley family. He's loved Jade for years, but she always saw him as a big brother. Now that she's back, his feelings are stronger than ever.

As Jade attempts to settle in, nothing feels right. God seems far away, she's hiding secrets from her family, and she's strangely attracted to the man who's always called her "squirt." Finding her way home may prove more difficult than she imagined.
  

My Thoughts:
 
Oh my goodness!
 
I read this book from start to finish in one afternoon/evening!
 
It was AMAZING!
 
Denise Hunter is one of my very favorite authors.  I was so excited when my turn to receive this book came on www.paperbackswap.com . I could hardly wait for it to arrive in the mail.
 
I loved everything about this book.  The plot.  The setting.  The characters.  Everything!
 
I loved the dynamics between Jade and Daniel.  They were perfect together.  It just took Jade a while to realize it :)
 
The author wrote in such a way that I felt what the characters were feeling.  That makes for a special book.
 
I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book in the Chapel Springs series!
 


For the Biblical "Way of Salvation" please see my header or click HERE.
 

Linking up to:  Share Your Cup;  Grandma IdeasLiteracy Musings and Saturday Situation, Booknificent. Party at My Place , Saturday Review of Book , Book Nook, Hearts for Home, The Monday Review, Homemaking Party,  Favorite Things





4 comments:

  1. Colletta, I always appreciate the enthusiasm you bring to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds so good, and I love the cover! Thanks for sharing this at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a book that would keep your intention. No wonder you read it so quickly! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is now on my wishlist. Thanks for the great addition to Literacy Musing Mondays.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.