Thursday, September 10, 2015

Book Review ~ A Time to Love by Barbara Cameron ~ 9/10/15

8008439


Blurb:

War correspondent Jenny Miller thinks she is just a temporary guest in her grandmother s Amish community while she recuperates from the devastating injuries sustained in a car bomb attack that changed her world. But when she meets Matthew Bontrager, the man she had a crush on as a teenager, she wonders if God has a new plan for her. Jenny has emotional and physical scars and though she feels she has come home to this man and this place, she's not sure she can bridge the difference between their worlds.        
 
My Thoughts:

I've done a lot of transitioning in my life this past month giving me more time to read.  I was ecstatic to think that I would be able to read everyday.  To my horror, I couldn't find a book that really peaked my interest.  I tried 3 or 4 before finally picking up "A Time to Love".

It definitely did the trick :)  Not only did I read, I stayed up way to late reading.  To me, that is the sign of a good book!

I loved the back story of Jenny.  Amish roots but went on to be a war reporter.  The author does such a good job describing her injuries and the pain that she was feeling.  I felt like I truly was "in" the book.

Matthew is such a kind, gentle man.  He truly loves his children and his love for Jenny returns in no time.  He was a wonderful hero.

At first, I thought the romantic climax occurred too soon.  But as I read on, I realized the author knew what she was doing and thoroughly enjoyed finishing the book.  It couldn't have been better!

 
On to the Next Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.