Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Book Review ~ Fade to Blue by Julie Carobini ~ 9/23/15

10366832

Blurb:

   Suz Mitchell is the determined dreamer we should all be and won't allow her ex-husband Len's jail sentence to ruin their young son Jeremiah's life. An accomplished artist, she moves with her child across the country to California's central coast and lands a sweet job restoring priceless paintings at the historic Hearst Castle overlooking the ocean.

To her utter surprise, a serious old flame, Seth, is also now working at Hearst and jumbles the dreams inside Suz's heart. While sorting out the awkwardness of their past split and current spiritual differences, a repentent Len shows up eager to restore his family.

Suz must learn to let God be the true restorer of all that once seemed lost.
     
 
My Thoughts:

I just finished this book moments ago and it will probably take me a while to pick out another book to read.  This book sucked me in to another place.  I adore Otter Bay and wish I lived there.

I really enjoyed all the art and color that filled this book.  All the talk of sketching and painting really reminded me of my oldest daughter's love of all things art.

The book was written in the first person POV so I got to know Suz more than the other characters.  I would have loved to get to know Seth from his perspective. 

I don't always like first person POV but I did with this book.

Definitely a good read!

 
On to the Next Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.