Saturday, October 30, 2010

Movie Review: "You're So Cupid"

You're So Cupid


Description:

Year:  2010
Rated:  G
Run Time:  93 minutes

Twin sisters (Caitlin E.J. Meyer and Danielle Chuchran) who neither look alike nor act alike share a similar fondness -- and an innate skill -- for matchmaking in this romantic family film that demonstrates why even Cupid himself might be hard-pressed to succeed in love today. The sisters' Cupid credentials are put to the test when they find themselves competing for the same man while trying to save their parents' crumbling marriage.


Cast:  Lauren Holly, Brian Krause, Jeremy Sumpter, Caitlin E.J. Meyer, Danielle Chuchran, Amanda Gallo, Malese Jow, Chad Hively, Jessica Jackson, Nikola Clark
 
Director:  John Lyde
 
Genres:  Romance, Romantic Dramas, Fantasy, Family Dramas, Ages 11-12
 
This movie is:  Romantic
 
My Thoughts:
 
We watched this movie last Friday for Family Movie Night.  A cute family movie was on the rotation.  We try to mix it around here.  lol
 
We watched it on our XBOX through Netflix.  Here is the link for the Netflix page.
 
My overall impression was of a cute pre-teen/teen movie.  It dealt alot with high-school issues and a Sadie Hawkins Dance.  There were also some all too real issues, mainly divorce and siblings being separated.  Heartbreaking.
 
There is a bit of a twist in the "Cupid" part of the title.  I don't want to tell you, because that would ruin it.
 
I do have to point out that Lauren Holly HAD to have had some work done on her face!  I had last seen her on NCIS playing the Director.  She looked so weird!  My mom and I kept trying to guess exactly what she had done.  Definitely her nose/mouth area.  Very noticable.
 
I'm not sure what this week's Family Movie Night movie will be.  We'll have to come to a decision on what genre's turn it is.  I'll let you know next week...
 
Have you started a Family Movie Night yet?  Or a Game Night?  Start now, you won't regret it!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that movie!! It's the perfect family romantic movie for family night.

    Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.