Thursday, October 21, 2010

Book Review: "Jillian Dare" by Melanie M. Jeschke

Jillian Dare



Book Description:


Jillian Dare leaves her Shenandoah Valley foster home behind and strikes out on her own as a nanny at a large country estate in northern Virginia. She is delighted with the beauty of her new home, the affection of her young charge Cadence Remington, and the opportunity for frequent travel to the Remington castle in England.

She is less certain about her feelings for her handsome but moody employer, Ethan. In spite of herself, Jillian realizes she is falling for her boss. But how can a humble girl ever hope to win a wealthy man of the world? And what dark secrets from the past is he hiding?

This contemporary story, inspired by the well-loved classic "Jane Eyre", will capture readers' hearts.

My Thoughts:

I loved how this book travels from Virginia to England and back again.  The description of the settings were amazingly detailed and easy to picture.

Being  based on Jane Eyre, I pretty much knew what the concept was going to be.  That being said, this story was different enough to keep my interest and make me want to see what was going to happen next.

My only complaint was that the story would skip weeks at a time.  It was Christmas and then the next chapter it was Spring.  this wouldn't have been so bad but there were blank weeks during the romance part of the book.  It left me wanting more details.

My overall impression was that this was a good read and well worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.