Monday, June 28, 2010

The Wedding 6/26/10

Saturday, June 26, 2010, Eric Charles Gibbons and Michele Ann Brady were married at St. Bellarmine Chapel at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA.

Eric is my first cousin and we grew up together. This picture was taken before the wedding. The last pre-marriage picture of the Gibbons family.

Eric, Aunt Donna, Uncle Charlie, Steph and Brian
My girls were asked to pass out the programs.
Laken and Kaylee

Here is Eric and the Groomsmen waiting for the bride. Sorry, I missed one of the groomsmen. I didn't get a picture of the Bride's Maids because I didn't have a clear view. Michele's sister, Erin, was her Matron of Honor.

Eric (groom), Brian (brother and bestman) Nick, Jeff, Stacen (missing, oops)


My first glimpse of Michele on her wedding day. This is where I teared up.
Charles Brady (Father of the bride), Michele (bride)
I didn't take this picture but it is such a good picture and much better than the ones I got. I stole this from Michele's facebook page.
Michele and Eric

I wish this picture was clearer. Michele's dress was beautiful and she looked absolutely gorgeous.


I loved how they couldn't stop talking to each other during the ceremony. They were so cute!

I didn't get a picture of them walking back down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Eric Charles Gibbons, but I have to note that Michele did a little "bouquet in the air, hoorah, we did it!" action. I loved it!


The reception was on the balcony of the Lansdown Resort Clubhouse in Leesburg, VA. It had a beautiful view and they served appetizers and drinks while we waited for the Bride and Groom to get there.

The Wedding Dinner was in the Ballroom and it was amazing. The food was so good. I wish I would have gotten pictures of the plates before we ate.
The cake was lit and beautifully decorated with flowers.

The centerpieces were gorgeous. I love the flowers in the water.


My aunt took a picture of our family. We were at table eight and had a great time visiting with old friends Chris, Carla and Mia Poland.

Me holding Laken, Kaylee, Doug

My Dad and Mom


We had a great time and I can't wait to go back down to visit Eric and Michele when they close on their house.

I'm so glad to have Michele in the family and am looking forward to spending time with her.

Congratulations, Eric and Michele!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't family wedding such fun? Catching up with people and being all together as an extended group? I think its a sort of affirmation and reminder too- 'oh yes, this is who I am and where I've come from', sorta!
    The cake is lovely and the flowers are spectacular, such rich colours and beautifully arranged. In fact the whole occasion looks like it was great- I hope you really enjoyed the day?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.