Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Movie Review: "Possession" 2002


There was really nothing on TV tonight to watch while I crocheted, so I looked through the movies on my XBOX Netflix and found "Possession" in my list of to-watch movies. It was the perfect night to watch it because Doug is on 2nd shift this week and there's no way he would watch it with me.

Movie Description:


Modern love and classic romantic passion meet in this lush adaptation of A.S. Byatt's brilliant novel. Academics Roland Michell (Aaron Eckhart) and Maud Bailey (Gwyneth Paltrow) are experts on the work of two different Victorian poets. As they pursue a possible connection between their subjects, the two sleuths begin to stumble toward a romance of their own.


My Thoughts:

First of all, I have absolutely no clue as to why this is named "Possession". My only explanation is that the book it was adapted from has to in some way have more detail that would lead to this name.

That aside, I thought this movie was great! It had contempory and historical love stories going on at the same time. It reminded me alot of a literary "National Treasure".

There is no way I could not have liked this period, mystery, treasure hunting romance.

To tell you the truth, I came straight to the computer to see if any of the characters were actually real. Sadly, no. All fiction.

If you get some time for a chick flick, this would be a great one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.