Thursday, June 24, 2010

Book Review: "After All These Years" by Sally John

The Other Way Home Series Book 2

Book Description:

Isabel Mendoza’s past is just a memory...until Tony, her boyfriend from college days, arrives in Valley Oaks. Romantic sparks fly again, but Isabel is a Christian now. Can she share her love for Jesus with Tony while keeping her painful secret?

Meanwhile, Lia Neuman arrives in town as new owner of the pharmacy. Isabel befriends and welcomes Lia, but vandalism threatens the pharmacy and Lia’s life. Officer Huntington, Valley Oaks’ deputy sheriff, investigates the crimes against Lia, and love unlooked for, begins to bloom.

After All These Years demonstrates how God’s redeeming grace can touch the past and bring healing to the present.

My Thoughts:

I think I liked this book better than the first in the series. That may be because I had already gotten familiar with the small town of Valley Oaks and reading this second book was like taking a trip back to a special place and visiting with old friends.

This book has two romances unfolding at the same time without be at all confusing. I enjoyed each romance equally and didn't mind when the scenes shifted between the two.

There was enough mystery and intrigue to keep it exciting. It also made the Valley Oaks seems more realistic.

I'm sure I will enjoy the third book in the series, "Just to See You Smile" just as much. I'm glad it is already in my TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.