Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Book Review: "Wanted" by Shelley Shepard Gray

Sisters of the Heart Book 2

Book Description:
For a split second, Katie feels certain she's about to receive everything she's ever wanted...

Twenty-year-old Katie Brenneman has always quietly fancied Jonathan Lundy. So when the brokenhearted widower asks her to help him take care of his two young girls, Katie knows it will be a trying time -- yet she cannot pass up a golden opportunity to get to know this man better.

Just as she's settling into her new life, a message arrives from Katie's past, threatening to expose her darkest secrets. During her Rumspringa, her running-around years, she experimented with activities forbidden in the Amish way of life. Frightened by how far she'd strayed from her values, Katie ran back home, vowing to cut all ties with the outside world. Now her transgressions are coming back to haunt her, just as Jonathan seems willing to welcome her into his heart.

Will the past destroy Katie's chances for love? Or will Katie allow herself to accept God's love, forgive her past, and receive everything she's ever wanted?

My Thoughts:
I didn't think I could possibly like the second book in the "Sisters of the Heart" series as much as the first. I was so wrong!

Once again, Shelley Shepard Gray's writing touched me. I enjoyed reading about old friends that I met in "Hidden" as well as getting to know new characters.

Katie Brenneman's thoughts and feeling were portrayed so well, that I feel as if I know her personally.

I am greatly looking forward to reading the 3rd book of the series, "Forgiven". I also saw that a new Christmas "Sisters of the Heart" book, "Grace", will be coming out this fall.

I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds interesting- I like a bit of suspense and mystery to Romance!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.