Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Book Review: "LFY in Last Chance California" by Miralee Ferrell



Book Description:
It's 1889 and Alexia
Travers is alone in the world. Her father has died unexpectedly, leaving her burdened with a heavily mortgaged horse ranch. Marrying one of the towns all-too-willing bachelors would offer an easy solution, but Alex has no interest in marriage. Instead, she dons men's clothing and rides the range, determined to make the ranch a success on her own.


Help arrives when Justin Phillips, an acquaintance of her fathers, comes to Last Chance with his young son. Justin's and Alex's combined effort to save the ranch quickly turns into a fierce competition between cowboy and tomboy. But when disaster threatens Travers' Ranch, they must work together to save someone they both love.

Can these two independent people learn to depend on God and on each other?


My Thoughts:

While I really liked the concept of this book, I just couldn't get into it. It seemed to move so slow and 3/4 of the way through the book and there was still very little romance or even personal interaction between the two main characters.


It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I was a little dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.