Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book Review: "Becoming Lucy" by Martha Rogers

Book One of "Winds Across the Prairie" series.

Book Description:
After her parents' deaths, 17-year-old heiress Lucy Bishop takes refuge on her aunt and uncle's ranch in Barton Creek, Oklahoma. If it weren't for ranch hand Jake Starnes, the genteel young woman wouldn't survive the backbreaking work. But a dark secret torments him. Can Jake face his past before somebody claims Lucy's hand---or her life?

My Thoughts:
This book was a little too "Young Adult" for my tastes. The leading characters were very young and naive, especially the heroine.

It was a good storyline but I would have liked it better if they were a little older. Also they had very little actual interaction with each other. Most of the story they were stealing glances at each other or were separated and they only had a few actual conversations.

I'm am, however, still looking forward to reading the next book in series: "Morning for Dove".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.