Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Book Review: "Maid to Match" by Deeanne Gist


Book Description:

From the day she arrives at the Biltmore, Tillie Reese is dazzled--by the riches of the Vanderbilts and by Mack Danvers, a mountain man turned footman. When Tillie is enlisted to help tame Mack's rugged behavior by tutoring him in the ways of refined society, the resulting sparks threaten Tillie's efforts to be chosen as Edith Vanderbilt's lady's maid. But the stakes rise even higher when Mack and Tillie become entangled in a cover-up at the town orphanage. They could both lose their jobs...and their hearts.

My Thoughts:

I always wait very impatiently to read the new Deeanne Gist book. So when I finally received it from a Paperbackswap.com member, it went to the front of my TBR pile.

This was a new setting for Deeanne's books and I completely loved learning about "Biltmore", the Vanderbilt mansion in North Carolina. It was such a unique setting compared to a lot of the historical books I've read lately.

At first, Tillie was determined to forego romance for a career as a lady's maid. I am so glad that she decides to follow love and not money as she realizes there are many ways in which to do the Lord's will. We have to carefully determine what His will for our life is because it might not be what we originally thought it was.

I once again am waiting impatiently for Deeanne's next book.

BTW, Deeanne is have a Girl's Getaway at the Biltmore this fall. Go to her website to learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. That is an author that I am not familiar with, will have to check it out. Have been to Biltmore several times it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.