Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Your Mama Don't Dance 1972
Click HERE to listen to the song.
1) This song is about how the older generation often doesn't understand what the younger generation is up to. Do you keep up with trends?
I don't necessarily try to keep up with the trends, but having a 13 year old daughter does keep me a bit in the loop.
2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels?
I actually just called last week and cancelled our premium channels. Without them, we'll be saving $50 a month!
3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along?
What a great idea! I can't really think of anything right now....
4) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know?
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming?
Yes! And I'm loving it!
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought?
I guess the most recent one I bought would have been the hubby and girls at Valentine's Day.
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet?
Lol!! That's funny!
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?"
Let's just say I LOVE a neat and tidy house, but I HATE cleaning. So, I'm about half and half.
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds?
Yummy! Milk chocolate with almonds, please!
I'd love for you to come Like my Facebook Page! Pretty please?