Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. Share something you appreciate (or something you appreciated as you were growing up) about your mother.
I appreciate my Mom's sense of honor. If she says she's going to do something, she does it.
2. A quote most commonly ascribed to Plato reads "Necessity is the mother of invention." When did this last play out in your own experience?
My Mom and I were working on my wreath and we needed a hook of some sort. I couldn't find anything that would work until I thought of a paperclip. I unfolded it and reshaped it and voila!
3. Share one of the earliest memories you have from childhood.
I remember having to sit at the supper table because I wouldn't eat my vegetables. (I still don't!)
4. When did you last 'hit the mother lode'? What was it?
I found 2 pair of walking pants and a shirt for work and they were only $1.99 each!
5. What is/was your favorite dish mom made? Do you make that dish for your family/friends now that you're all grown up?
My favorites were/are her baked goods. Yummy! I love to bake :)
6. Mother May I? was at one time a popular children's game. It required no equipment or parts to play. What was your favorite childhood game where you could just turn up and play-no gear needed?
7. Which TV mom (past or present) is your favorite, and why?
How about Sophia from the Golden Girls. hehe
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm hosting a Favorite Color Swap! I'd love for you to sign-up!
Let's get hodgepodgey!
Colletta, you hit on two hugely important character traits, in my opinion. Honor and reliability! Your mom sounds like a great lady.ReplyDelete
P.S. Following you via Feedly and GFC. :-)ReplyDelete
Sophia... I am cracking up! At least with her you always knew where you stood!!ReplyDelete
Your mom also sounds like a great woman! What is neighborhood tag? Is it similar to ding dong ditch? I liked reading your HP :) I'll be sure to stop by again.ReplyDelete
Jackpot!!! Good answer for the mom question!ReplyDelete
I love finding a great sale, like the one you mentioned!ReplyDelete
I tried making our oldest child eat her vegetables, she wouldn't! She'd sit there and gag. I gave up.
Great choice for a tv mother! Sophia was one of a kind. LOL
Thank goodness my parents never made us eat anything we didn't like. Of course if we didn't clean our plate, no dessert or bedtime snacks. But didn't have to eat slimy fried liver. lolReplyDelete
Loved your description of your mother. You must be so proud.
AND Sophia....what a terrific choice.
It's been fun reading all the responses to what people love about their moms. I love Sophia too : ) Enjoy your day!ReplyDelete
What a sweet mother lode to hit! Always fun finding a great bargain!ReplyDelete
Humor is a wonderful quality!ReplyDelete
I love a bargain too, makes me feel so accomplished!