Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekly Bible Study Update ~ 2/6/11


1/30/11-2/5/11

1st Place for Health.  
"God's Best for Your Life". 
Week 3 ~ "God's Best for Your Circumstances".

God's Best for Your Life  -     
        By: First Place 4 Health
Memory Verse:  "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  1 Thessalonians 5:18

Day 1:  Give God the Glory
Day 2:  Why Me?
Day 3:  Why Not Me?
Day 4:  Somebody's Watching
Day 5:  How Do You Say Thanks?
Day 6:  Reflection and Application
Day 7:  Reflection and Application

Hope is confident expectation that God is in control when we know that we aren't.

Giving thanks in all circumstances is something is very hard to master.  There are times when the last thing on our minds is being thankful.

Something to work on and pondor.

Next:  God's Best for Your Waiting Rooms
*********
"Walking With Women Through the Word" with Wendy Pope
One Year Chronological Bible in the New Living Translation.
January 30- February 5, 2011

NLT One Year Chronological Bible, Large Print Softcover  -

This week's reading mainly contained Moses being sent to Egypt to lead God's people out and away from Pharoah.

This included the Burning Bush, the Plagues, the Red Sea and manna.  The plague's were very familiar.  After that, though, it was very interesting reading and I noticed a few things that I don't remember noticing before.

No matter how much we read, there will always be something to learn about or from.

Watching Wendy's vlog and reading my classmates' comments remain a highlight of my day.

Come join us.  You can start anytime.
**********

 "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  
Online Bible Studies with Melissa Taylor.
Chapters 7-9

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food  -     
        By: Lysa TerKeurst

Chapter 7:  I'm Not Defined by the Number
Chapter 8:  Making Peace with the Realities of My Body
Chapter 9:  But Exercise Makes Me Want to Cry

Our key word for this week was "PEACE".  As I wrote last week, the third week is usually hard for me so having "peace" this week was essential for me to be able to make it through without my anxiety taking over.
All three chapters this week really hit home for me.  I've learned not to define my success by the numbers but to look at how obedient I was throughout the week with sticking to my exercise and eating plan.

Making peace with the realities of my body has been a life-long issue with me.  I've always had low self-steem.  The study has challenged me to look at myself through different eyes.

Chapter 9 came at a great time for me.  I've felt myself slacking on the exercise front and will make a greater effort this coming week to get back on top of my plan with determination.
*****

Now, to watch the SUPERBOWL!  GO STEELERS!

Have a great week everyone!


Please see my side bar for the wonderful places I'll be linking to!

2 comments:

  1. Knowing God is in control helps me each and everyday.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lessons with us, Colletta. I'm sorry your Steelers lost. I'm sorry they lost but I'm glad Green Bay won. Does that make sense? I guess one can be sorry and glad at the same time. Anyway, thank you for sharing with us again this week.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.