Saturday, February 26, 2011

Movie Review: "Just Go With It" PG-13

Just Go With It (2011) Poster

Movie Description:

A plastic surgeon, romancing a much younger schoolteacher, enlists his loyal assistant to pretend to be his soon to be ex-wife, in order to cover up a careless lie. When more lies backfire, the assistant's kids become involved, and everyone heads off for a weekend in Hawaii that will change all their lives.

Cast: 

Adam Sandler: Danny
Jennifer Aniston: Katherine
Nick Swardson: Eddie
Brooklyn Decker: Palmer
Bailee Madison: Maggie
Griffin Gluck: Michael


Rated:  PG-13 for frequent crude and sexual content, partial nudity, brief drug references and language.

My Thoughts:

First, this is not a movie for the kids.  Too, many fast-forward spots.   But nothing extremely bad for adult movie-goers.

When deciding what we wanted to go see on our date night, the hubby and I agreed that we wanted something funny.  We needed some laughter.

We laughed so hard that I started coughing!  There were so many hilarious situations and conversations.

I did put my hand over the hubby's eyes during a bikini scene, though.  He doesn't need to be seeing that.

Hubby loves Adam Sandler and I have to admit that this was one of my favorites of his so far.  More storyline and less stupidity.

At one point during the movie I said to my husband, "Let's go to Hawaii."  His reply, "Yeah, right!  Like that's going to happen."   lol  We'll be lucky to hit the beach at our local State Park.

This was a fun, light-hearted movie with just a little too much language and skin to be a family movie.

Have you seen it?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.