Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Hannah Grace" by Sharlene MacLaren

Daughters of Jacob Kane Book 1

Hannah Grace (Daughters of Jacob Kane, Bk 1)

Book Description:

Growing up in the west Michigan resort town of Sandy Shores in the early 1900s, Hannah Grace, the eldest of Jacob Kane's three daughters, is feisty and strong-willed, yet practical. Between working at her father's general store and courting the town's physician, Ralston Van Huff, Hannah has her life planned out in an orderly, meaningful way. Or so she thinks.

Hannah's world turns upside down when the new sheriff comes to town. Gabriel Devlin is strong, outspoken, and a Christian, to boot-but he's sworn off women, having met ones mostly interested in money and apathetic about God.

Determined to ignore the newcomer's handsome looks, Hannah is drawn to him nonetheless by a shy, runaway orphan boy named Jesse. While Hannah works to befriend the shy vagabond, who's living with Gabriel until other arrangements can be made, God works in her heart. What plans does he have in store for this young woman who thought she had it all together?

My Thoughts:

I had Book 2 of this series on my TBR shelf for a while.  Then I got Book 3.  Then I had to wait a while until it was my turn to get "Hannah Grace", Book 1 from PBS.  So, I was patiently anticipating reading this series.

Book 1 was definitely worth the wait.  I love the Kane family!  I'm so glad I get to read two more books in this series.
Hannah is a great leading lady.  And Gabe.  Oh my.  What a man!  He's a great combination of strength and gentleness.

Poor little Jesse stole my heart from the beginning even though he wasn't very cooperative for a while.

This book is full of great detail, romance, suspense and danger.  Everything that makes a great book.

I was so glad when Hannah dumped "old Huffy".  Then so excited when Gabe made his move.  lol

Book 2 is "Maggie Rose" and I'm really looking forward to reading it also.  I'm so glad it is already on my TBR shelf!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR KITCHEN SINK!!! Seriously, when I opened your page and looked at your kitchen I just wanted to move right up to the window and have a peek outside. It just looks so inviting.

    Anyway, I was excited to discover your review of Hannah Grace and even more thrilled to learn you're going to dive into Maggie Rose as well. Yea!!!!

    Hope you have a God-blessed, fun-filled weekend.

    Hugs...
    Shar

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.