Saturday, November 30, 2019

Work in Progress / Finish Off ~ Laken's Ombre Afghan ~ 11/30/19

 
Here is Laken's Ombre Afghan hot off the hook!  I mean seriously, I just finished it in time to write this post to publish by midnight!
 
First, I wanted to show you a picture of the finished afghan with the recipient, Laken :)  She picked out the yarn and watched me throughout the year-long process of making the blanket.
 

Of course, I didn't work on it constantly from start to finish.  I worked on MANY other projects before finally picking it up as a WIP from my project pile.


The colors are from the Red Heart's Ombre line as well as Soft White for the bordering.


I finished off the blocks with a simple border followed by a final row of scalloped edging.


My original plan was to make it 5X5 but I decided it was plenty big enough at 3X5 with bordering.  I used some of my favorite CAL blocks from Ravelry and some solid blocks to set them off.

 
On to the next project!  What are you working on?

Colletta



P.S.  I'd love for you to sign up to be a Pen Pal in 2020.  Click HERE for more information!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.