Monday, November 4, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 11/4/19

 
Come join Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The weather outside is::::

Brrrr….  It has gotten COLD!

Last week I predicted snow and I have to tell you that I saw a few flurries Friday morning!
 

 
On my breakfast plate:

English Muffin, Vanilla Chai Tea

As I look around the house::::

Clean laundry!  Clean bedding!  Clean floors!  Yay, me!

On today's to do list::::

It is a pretty normal Monday for me.  I need to make a menu and grocery list for the week.  Other than that I will be working on my Etsy Shop items.

 
Happening this week::::
 
Devotions:  I did pretty well with getting into the Scriptures this week but I could have done better with consistency.  I'm a work in progress...

WW:  Skipped my Workshop on Saturday so I must be good this week and get myself to the Workshop this Saturday coming.

Exercise:  Before the weather took a super-cold plunge I was going outside to walk.  It was cool and crisp and sunny and gorgeous!

Housework:  Sweeping the floors is a continual chore with our 2 Labradors.  I'll be doing Laundry on Thursday and bedding on Friday.  I had someone ask why I was washing my daughters' laundry when they are both old enough to do it themselves and I agree!  Usually, they do their own laundry but we had a busy weekend so I was just helping them out a bit :)

Bills:  Not a pay week.

Doug:  The hubby is back on 3rd shift this week.  I confess that I am NOT used to having him sleeping beside me every night.  The first few nights were difficult for me to fall asleep as I couldn't stretch out the way I'm used to.  By the end of the week I was fine.  Just in time for him to be back on night shift!

Kaylee:  Kaylee is doing well but I think she is ready for Thanksgiving Break.  Aren't we all????

Laken:  Laken was sick and missed 3 days of school last week.  Thankfully, she is feeling better and was able to catch up on all her missed work by Friday.

Currently reading::::
 
I couldn't make myself finish reading "Beloved Mess".  I loved the concept but just didn't agree with the author on too many key components.  So...I moved on to the next book:  "The Super Mom Myth" and loved it!  Come back tomorrow for the review!
 
 
Right now I'm reading "Taming the To-Do List" by Glynnis Whitwer.  I'll let you know what I think next week.
 
 
 On the TV::::

Home & Family
All the NCIS's
All Rise
Buff City Law
Stumptown
New Amsterdam

Movies:

None.

Listening to:




 
On the menu this week::::
 
Monday -  Pancakes, eggs, bacon
Tuesday - Cream Chip Beef on Toast
Wednesday -  Chicken, Mashed Potatoes
Thursday  - Sausage Gravy and biscuits
Friday -  Ladies Fall Gathering
Saturday -  Pork Chops, mac-n-cheese
Sunday - Potluck at Church


What I am creating at the moment::::
 
I finished the Outdoorsy/Woody Baby Blanket to add to Colletta's Kitchen Sink Shop.   I'm now working on a Teal Prayer Shawl and hope to add it soon!
 
Picture From the Camera
 
 

Devotion
 
"GOD, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me tread on my high places."
 
Habakkuk 3:19 ESV
 
 
Colletta

9 comments:

  1. It has turned colder here as well. We had nasty weather for Halloween including snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have cold and snow - at least a little. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had just a wee bit of snow flurries on Saturday... hopefully it will be a few more weeks before we get any snow! I love the colors of the afghan! Have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your breakfast plate. Love reading about your happenings. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping for a little snow over the holidays - just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids do their own laundry too, mostly. Though more often than not I’ll end up doing the folding. We had pancakes for dinner on Saturday night :)

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanilla Chai Tea...I just had a cup of that night before last and it was so good! I will be having it more often! And biscuits! I've had a hankering for them anyway. Might have to make some tomorrow. Enjoyed your post and hope your week is going well. Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's turned much cooler here for us too, but thankfully we don't usually get snow. Hope you stay warm.

    Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm running sooooo late this week, forgive me. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you had a great week and I'll be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.