Friday, February 8, 2013

Tea Time ~ 2/8/13


Won't you come meet Alissa , me and the girls for a coffee date,
or in my case, hot chocolate with whipped cream or maybe a chai tea?

Hello, friends!  I hope you're having a good week.  How about some Tea Time chatting about things that made me smile this week :)

~First of all, my little Laken had her 6th birthday on Saturday.  We started the day with helping out at a soup kitchen but then it became all about Laken.  She had money to spend and wanted to go to Toys R Us.  She had a ball!  She also spent all her money!  Then we stopped at a few other stores just to look around.  Laken had picked Cracker Barrel to eat supper at which was great because we had a gift card from Christmas!  whoohooo!  The servers sang Happy Birthday to her and she got a free piece of Coca Cola Cake and a scoop of ice cream that we all shared.  Fun, fun!




~I received 2 Valentine Swap packages this week!  One was a mug swap and the other was just a Valentine swap.  I get just as excited about sending these packages as I do receiving them.  Look at that mug!  Isn't it spectacular?  It is going to be my new go-to mug :)




~A friend sent me a super cute recipe for Valentine Cookie Cards that I'm going to make for our Agape Celebration Saturday evening at Church.  Aren't they cute!?!  I got the supplies to make them yesterday when I made a quick stop at the market.

Valentine Cookie Cards


~I don't have a picture for this item but you'll probably thank me.  Laken finally lost the tooth that has been bothering her for weeks!  Every time she would try to bite something she would whine because it hurt.  You should have seen her trying to bit with the side of her mouth to avoid that front tooth!


~I walked my "Tackle the Miles" Virtual 5k on Tuesday!  It wasn't planned for that day, but I decided to go ahead and keep walking after the first 2 miles were done.  It was fairly nice outside so I pushed through and finished it out.  I want to make my own medal with a football key chain when I find one.  I also have 12/60 miles done for my 60 Miles for Pink so I'm actually 4 miles ahead on that challenge!


How was your week?  What made you smile?

5 comments:

  1. A great post. It looks like Laken had a great time being the birthday girl! I know when my kids were that age when they had money, it burned a hole in their pocket :)

    What made me smile - family, friends, and new yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Laken! The Valentine's swap items are so cute, and the cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you loved your mug!! I have been snuggling my boys with the fun Valentine' s throw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I accidently sent you the wrong swap present with no mug in the package. I hope you still enjoy!

      Colletta

      Delete
  4. It is so fun to celebrate birthdays, she is a cutie. I love the Valentine gifts you got from the swap. Nothing like some hearts to make your day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.