Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly Bible Study Update ~ 3/27/11


3/20/11-3/26/11

1st Place for Health.  




"God's Best for Your Life". 
Week 11 ~ "God's Best for Your Future".

God's Best for Your Life  -     
        By: First Place 4 Health
Memory Verse:  "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever".  Psalm 23: 5-6

Day 1:  The Good Shepherd
Day 2:  Blessed to Be a Blessing
Day 3:  You Are Anointed
Day 4:  An Overflowing Cup
Day 5:  A Secure Future
Day 6:  Reflection and Application
Day 7:  Reflection and Application

God answered my prayers and I was able to put my 1st Place study as my morning priority.  I was blessed by doing so.  This week's study was really encouraging and motivating.

Day 7's Reflection and Application talked about Robert Boyd Munger's book, "My Heart, Christ's Home" and asked for us to examine each of our "rooms" to see what needs cleaned out so that it can be redecorated with something better or more Christlike.

The areas were:

-Living Room (where you meet with Jesus daily)
-Dining Room (appetites)
-Library (Your mind)
-Workroom (talents and skills)
-Kitchen (nourishment)
-Yard (exercise, physical activity)
-Basement or attic (hidden hurts)
-Closet (hidden sins)

It was very interesting to contemplate what I would "clean out" and "redecorate" with.


Next:  Week 12:  TIME TO CELEBRATE!

*********

"Walking With Women Through the Word" with Wendy Pope
One Year Chronological Bible in the New Living Translation.
March 20- March 26, 2011

NLT One Year Chronological Bible, Large Print Softcover  -

I am relieved to say that I stayed up-to-date with my reading this week!  It felt so much better than being behind.

This week shows Joshua stepping up and the Israelites duking it out with the people who inhabited the land that God promised them.

With God on the Isralites side, the others didn't stand a chance.

Once the land was conquered, it had to be divided up amongst the tribes.  I can only imagine the relief everyone felt to finally be HOME.

**********

"It's No Secret" by Rachel Olsen.  
Online Bible Studies with Melissa Taylor.

It's No Secret: Revealing Divine Truths Every Woman Should Know

This study starts tomorrow, March 27, 2011!  I'm ready and waiting!!
Sign up at http://www.melissataylor.org/ .

 *****


Have a great week everyone!


Please see my side bar for the wonderful places I'll be linking to!

To celebrate my birthday this past week, I'm giving away a copy of our next 1st Place study book, "God's Purpose for You".   Click HERE to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.