Friday, March 25, 2011

Movie Review: "Life As We Know It"

Life as We Know It

Movie Description per Netflix

2010    PG-13   115 minutes

Caterer Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) and network sports director Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) discover a reciprocal hatred during an ill-fated first date -- but are forced to put their feelings aside when their mutual friends die and they become the guardians for orphaned Sophie. Now, Holly and Eric must learn to live with each other and juggle their promising careers while taking care of the little girl in this romantic comedy.

Cast:  Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel, Josh Lucas, Alexis Clagett, Brynn Clagett, Brooke Clagett, Hayes MacArthur, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Burns, Melissa McCarthy
 
Director:Greg Berlanti
 
Genres:  Comedy, Romantic Comedies, Blu-ray, Warner Home Video
 
This movie is:  Emotional, Sentimental, Romantic
 
My Thoughts:
 
Last Saturday evening the girls stayed over at Aunt Donna and Doug and I had a date night.  There really wasn't anything playing at the theater that we majorly wanted to see, so I suggested hitting Wal-Mart and buying a movie that we had been wanting to see.
 
I found "Life As We Know It" and remembered that the previews looked really good.  But for some reason I thought the two were a married couple realizing how life would be with a baby.
 
I soon found out that it wasn't the case.  They were set up by mutual friends and had a horrible not-even-leave-the-parking-spot first date and hated each other.  They were still connected by the love of their friends and for the baby that became their god-child.
 
When the parents accident happened, I cried and cried!  It was so heartbreaking!  It was interesting to see how the characters of Holly and Messer handled the pressure.
 
After the crying was done, I laughed hysterically!!!  It was so funny watching the two mis-matched, new parents try to deal with intant baby caring.  I laughed so much through this movie because it just hit so close to home.  Especially, the WIGGLES!  And then RESCUE PETS!  So funny!
 
I loved how this movie ends.  I just plain loved this movie and highly recommend it. 
 
It isn't for the kiddos though.  Too much adult content.  But make sure you watch it sometime when you can get time off to yourselves.
 

1 comment:

  1. We really liked it, too. Def an adult movie, but it really touched my heart and ended beautifully. And some of the discoveries about how a child changes your life are just as shocking for parents as they are for those thrown into parenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.