Friday, March 25, 2011

"LFYI Calico, California" by Elizabeth Ludwig

Love Finds You in Calico, California

Book Description:

A young seamstress weaves her own story in a world run by men. After hearing news of a silver strike in Calico, California, Abigail Watts packs up her needles and thread and follows her beloved father out West. But when she’s suddenly left alone in the rough mining town, Abigail finds herself pressed into a marriage of convenience with the local livery owner, Nathan Hawk.

Determined to uncover the mystery surrounding her father’s death in the mines, Abigail agrees to stay in Calico. But when the truth sets her free, she must decide whether to leave the town - and Nathan - for good.

My Thoughts:

This was one of my favorite "LFYI"'s yet.  I  enjoyed how Abigail really tried to make it on her own and wouldn't back down.  Then when she married Nathan out of convenience, she put everything she had into making them a home.

*SPOILER*

I would have been heartbroken if Abigail would have decided to go with her aunt's and left Nathan and his daughter behind.  I loved that Nathan said he would go wherever Abigail went.  True love!  Sigh....

I love when I'm able to learn through reading.  I've always loved history and this book is full of historical knowledge of mines and immigrant workers.

I definitely recomment this "LFYI".


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.