Miz Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage is such a sweetheart!
She hosts Full Plate Thursday. You can click the button to go share your recipes :)
I found this recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins over at Talking Dollars and Cents and featured it on my Misc. Finds Monday. I finally had a chance to try them out yesterday.
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons confectioner's suar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffins tins with paper cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce and mix well.
3. Mix in cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon. Add flour and blend well.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
5. Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. This recipe makes approx. 12 muffins.
6. Cool slightly on wire rack and sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top (if desired, and who wouldn't?).
7. Serve warm and enjoy!!!
When I bit into this muffin and tasted the melted chocolate chips in the middle, I was in muffin heaven!
I definitely recommend serving them warm. If they cool before you eat them all, you can always stick them in the nuke for a couple seconds to get the ooey, gooey-ness back.
I think next time, I'll double the recipe and use all applesauce instead butter. They make a wonderful, healthy, chocolate snack. And that doesn't happen that often :)
Happy Full Plate Thursday!