Monday, April 9, 2012

Misc. Finds Monday ~ 4/9/12

Did you have a good weekend?  We here at the Miller Homestead did.  We had a weekend full of spending time in the yard, coloring Easter eggs, hunting eggs and watching the Youth Group at Church perform a very touching skit.

I have some great finds to share with you today.  Quite a few, actually, so I'll get started.

~~~~~

1.  The Quiet Homemaker at The Quiet Home poses a question debating and pondering long hair vs. short as we get older.  I'm currently in the process of growing my hair out of a short tapered bob, so I really found this interesting.



~~~~~

2.  Three really fun announcements were made by Cole at All the Small Stuff  .  A new weekly linky, the Book Club selection for the month of April and........A FLIP-FLOP SWAP!  How fun is that?!?!?  I definitely signed up and you can too!  But hurry!  The deadline is tonight!

Photobucket

~~~~~

3.  In just a little under 2 months, we're going to be packing up a rental van and hitting the road to travel from Pennsylvania to Orlando, Florida.  Yep, we're going to Disney World!  So, when I saw the post 10 Ways to Keep Kids Happy In the Car by Cheri at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar, I was so excited!  There are some excellent ideas that we're definitely going to be using.


~~~~~

4.  My husband and the girls love Rice Krispie Treats.  And what kid doesn't like to lick the beater when their mom bakes a cake?  So when I saw this recipe for Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats at Six Sisters' Stuff, it went straight on the "to try" list.  Doesn't it sound yummy?


~~~~~

5.  This next link is to a beautiful post called "Quietness in the Everyday".  You will be blessed by reading it.

A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

~~~~~

6.  The Tip Junkie has posted a list of 60, yes, 60 homemade baby shower gifts.  There are tons of pictures and tutorials to help you make your next baby gift super special.
all crafts 60 Popular Baby Shower Homemade Presents

~~~~~

7.  Lilacs are my absolute favorite flower!  Maura at Lilac Lane Cottage has a whole post packed full of lilacs.  I can't wait until our lilacs have grown to the size hers are!

~~~~~

8.  Finally, I found a brand new blog to share with you.  Whitney just started her blog, "Cowboy Boots and Books".  Isn't that a cute blog title?!?  She lives in Montana and is in her last year of college to become a Middle School English Teacher.  If you have some time, hop over and give her blog some love!


~~~~~

I've spent too much time on the computer today, and the chores are piling up so I better end for now.

Each week I find such great posts that I want to share and find it hard to set a limit.  But I must!

I hope you enjoyed this week's finds!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature! Have a great day!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature! I'll swing by and check out some of your other awesome features.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.