Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WWW Wednesdays ~ 4/4/12


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?

• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


(FYI, click on the book for a link to amazon)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• What are you currently reading?

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, Bk 1)

Right now I'm reading "One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich. I'm getting prepped for a Girls' Night In when the movie comes out on DVD May 15! My cousin and aunt have read all of them, so I at least wanted to read the book that the movie is based on before watching it. I need to be educated enough to contribute to a proper critique of book-to-movie. You can see a teaser for this book HERE.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• What did you recently finish reading?

I finished three books this past week:

Book #1:
A Suitor for Jenny (Rocky Creek, Bk 2)

 
"A Suitor for Jenny", A Rocky Creek Romance Book 2
Author: Margaret Brownley
Rating: 5/5 (It was a stay up until 2:30am to finish reading kinda book)

When looking for a husband, it’s best to go where the odds are in your favor. — And that would be Rocky Creek, Texas, 1880. But Jenny Higgins’s plan to find husbands for her two sisters hits a snag when enthusiastic applicants fail to meet her stringent requirements. — Rejecting her sisters’ choices for mates and riding herd on her growing feelings for Marshal Rhett Armstrong, she refuses to give up.

Jenny thinks choosing a husband is not a job for the heart. It’ll take one strong and handsome marshal to convince her otherwise.

~~~~~

Book #2:

Love Finds You in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts

"LFYI Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts"
Author: Melody Carlson
Rating: 4/5 (I love beachy, summery books!)

Artist Waverly Brennan is excited about making a fresh start in Martha's Vineyard -- but then she realizes that her mother's "gallery" isn't quite what she envisioned. Now stuck on the island for the summer, she attempts to make the best of it. But will she give the charming town -- and handsome Blake -- a fair chance?

~~~~~

Book #3:

Love Finds You in Sun Valley Idaho


"LFYI Sun Valley, Idaho"
Author: Angela Ruth
Rating: 3/5 (The leading lady wasn't very realistic.)

Actress Emily Van Arsdale has returned to her Idaho hometown -- with an entire film crew in tow! Stunning Sun Valley is the perfect backdrop for her new movie, and stunt consultant Tracen Lake is a terrific resource, too. Tracen doesn't think much of "Hollywood types" -- but Emily seems refreshingly different. Cue the violins!


 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




• What do you think you’ll read next?


Hmmmm?  Well, I just started "One for the Money" so I haven't thought much about it yet.  But if I had to guess, it will probably be:



Crimson Cipher

Has anyone read this one yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great Wednesday!


 

13 comments:

  1. I loved the Janet Evanovich series - really good fun. Haven't seen the movie yet so I hope you and your girlfriends have a good time :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie 'One for the Money' I'm sure the book is just as good, if not even better, just like books usually are.

    My old roommate in college came from Martha's Vineyard. She loved it there. I am sure this is the setting of a beautiful book. =D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, sharing some of the love.

    Cassie @ The Anfractuous Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read One for the Money and it was really good.

    I haven't read the others, but I'm definitely going to have to check them out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    here’s my WWW for this week:

    http://www.peekabook.it/2012/04/www-wednesday-apr04.html

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    These books remind me of some western romances that I used to read when I was younger.

    Thanks for swinging by my blog earlier!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have all the Stephanie Plum books, but haven't started them yet. Hope you like it!!

    I love the Love Finds You books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit I am not a huge fan of these sort of books. However I think I prob need to diversify, and although you should never judge a book by its cover I am liking the look of A Suitor For Jenny :)

    Thanks for your comment on the bloggy :)

    Rie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep meaning to get around to 'One for the Money'. I hope you enjoy it!
    Thanks for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love One for the Money, the entire series is actually great. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the Crimson Cipher yet but I've now added it to my 'to-read' list

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked One for the Money. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to the movie.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've always wanted to read Martha's Vineyard; it's on my To-Be-Read list.. gonna read it sometime soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.