Monday, April 30, 2012

Mani Monday ~ 4/30/12




hosted by Heather and Heather

This is a new feature that is just starting today.  I love the way Heather describes painting your nails:

"What I want to clarify about this feature is that its not for fashion, its not to be vain, its not because we are spoiled girls who get our nails done. Its for you. Its for you to take time, just a little bit of time out of your day to do something nice for yourself. When I started reading Moorea Seal, I loved her series called Paint Your Love, in polishing her nails she had a reason behind it. My reason is clear, take time for you."
This explains it so well!

Having 2 daughters, painting our nails takes on another meaning.  Quality time.  When I pull out the fingernail polish, a gleam shines in their eyes :)  It is a chance to be creative, have fun and show them that they are also important enough to spend time on.

Even though they can't sit still long enough to let their nail dry completely, it always brings a smile to my face to see them sitting there, hands splayed in front of them blowing on their tiny fingernails.

Girl time:


Kaylee (10) went for the "every-other" look.  She chose the colors shown below:  Bijou Blue (Wet-n-Wild) and Eggplant Frost (Wet-n-Wild).


Laken (5) has to copy everything her big sister does but still maintains her unique-ness.  She went with the "every-other" as Sissy did, but chose Bijou Blue (Wet-n-Wild) and Wall Street (NYC).  Do you see the remains of her Little Mermaid fake-too on her wrist?


And here is mine.  (Yes, my girls got their short, chubby fingers from me:)  I went with Carribean Frost (Wet-n-Wild).  It is actually greener than this picture looks.  I'm trying to break out of my red/burgundy rut.


So, that my friends is my first Mani-Monday.  Although, technically we did them on Friday evening while hubby/daddy was at work.  Total girl-time  :)

( Doug REFUSES to let the girls paint his nails.  Believe me.  They have tried.  In a house full of chicks, he has to draw the line somewhere !)

And because everytime I think of this link-up, it comes to mind:

Its just another Mani-Monday!


5 comments:

  1. I love doing nails with my girls :) Thanks so much for linking up for the first ever Mani Monday! We hope you keep linking up, as there will be giveaways through Mani Monday about once a month ;)

    xo,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww look at those cute little fingers!!! my heart melts =) thanks for linking up love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 3-year-old. Anytime she notices I've changed my polish, she wants hers done too.

    Visiting from Mani Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue you have on your nails! It's so pretty! & I totally remember the every other phase. The first time I painted my nails all one color I felt totally grown up, I think I was like 13, :)

    Stopping by from Mani Monday.

    ♥, Emily

    freckledfiasco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love little girl manis! Wish it lasted longer…

    Visiting from Mani Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.