Monday, April 16, 2012

Misc. Finds Monday ~ 4/16/12

Monday, again!  Monday's are actually my slow day.  After the crazy busyness of the week, it is good to just stay home and get some work around the house done and work on Etsy orders.

Here's what caught my eye this past week:

~~~~~

1.  Deanna at Mommy Gaga has some great ideas for easing your child's anxiety about the dentist.  I found this really helpful as I have a little one who is going to be making her first trip to the dentist soon.  She's gone with us and "met" the dentist who is a friend of mine from High School but I remember the look in my oldest daughter's eyes the first she sat in "the chair".

~~~~~

2.  Do you ever deal with burnout?  I know I have.  Andrea at Simple Organized Living recently took a "stay-cation" to deal with hers.  She's asking for ideas on how to cope when burnout looms on the horizon.  Isn't this picture sweet?


~~~~~

3.  I was really struck by how beautiful this Tulip Wreath is.  If you'd like to learn how to make one for yourself, go visit the Polka Dot Chair for a tutorial.


~~~~~

4.  This post about having your own "Family Dictionary" by Shelly at Prairie Moon Quilts is just too funny!  I have a feeling a lot of can relate and have our own "family languages".   I know mine does!

~~~~~

5.  Susan at Between Naps on the Porch has a super cute tutorial on how to make "Marshmallow Flowers" to decorate cupcakes.  I never would have thought how simple and pretty it could be!

Make Marshmallow Flowers for Cupcakes

~~~~~

6.  First, I have to say how much I love the name of Mary's blog:  Giving Up on Perfect.  It sometimes takes us a while to learn how to do that but it is oh-so necessary.  But, this recipe for "Oreo Pudding Cake" does look perrrrfect!  I already have all the ingredients in my cupboard and can't wait to try it out!


~~~~~

7.  To finish out, I'd like to introduce you to Alexis from "Living the Christian Wifestyle".  She's new to blogging and it would be wonderful if you could go over and give her some blog lovin'!

~~~~~
These are just a few of the great posts I've seen this week.  I can't wait to see what this week has in store!

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Colletta, thanks so much for the shout out. So nice of you! Love the other finds you posted today!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.