Thursday, April 12, 2012

Full Plate Thursday ~ Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Miz Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage is such a sweetheart! 
She hosts Full Plate Thursday.  You can click the button to go share your recipes :)

~~~~~~~~~
I found this recipe for Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins over at Talking Dollars and Cents and featured it on my Misc. Finds Monday.  I finally had a chance to try them out yesterday. 


Fudgy Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons confectioner's suar (optional)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffins tins with paper cups.

2.  In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.  Add applesauce and mix well.

3.  Mix in cocoa, baking soda and cinnamon.  Add flour and blend well.

4.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.



5.  Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.  This recipe makes approx. 12 muffins.

6.  Cool slightly on wire rack and sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top (if desired, and who wouldn't?).


7.  Serve warm and enjoy!!!


When I bit into this muffin and tasted the melted chocolate chips in the middle, I was in muffin heaven!

I definitely recommend serving them warm.  If they cool before you eat them all, you can always stick them in the nuke for a couple seconds to get the ooey, gooey-ness back.


I think next time, I'll double the recipe and use all applesauce instead butter.  They make a wonderful, healthy, chocolate snack.  And that doesn't happen that often :)

Happy Full Plate Thursday!


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! YUM! and a giant YES PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very yummy and good.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so yummy and chocolatey!! Thanks for stopping in at my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, those are amazing! My 7-yr old would be in a chocolate haze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comment about my cherry chocolate chip muffins. They are good but I think your fudgey muffins would be stiff competition. That chocolate center looks seriously delicious. I host Your Cozy Home Party on Mon. through Thurs. so join us sometime. Would love to have you there.----------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Colletta,
    It is always so nice to come to your kitchen, sit down with you and have a wonderful treat. These muffins look delicious, I just love the applesauce that would make them so moist. Your little one is adorable!!
    Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of those melted chocolate chips is making my mouth water! I have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Colletta!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a wonderful week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.