Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WWW Wednesdays ~ 4/11/12


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?


(FYI, click on the book for a link to amazon)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• What are you currently reading?



The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro, Bk 1)

I'm getting ready to start reading "The Next Always" by Nora Roberts.  It is the Book Club selection for April at Cole's blog.  It looks really good and I'm looking forward to some quiet time to sit down and start reading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• What did you recently finish reading?
I finished three books this past week:
Book #1:


One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, Bk 1)

"One for the Money", Stephanie Plum Book 1
Author: Janet Evanovich
Rating: 5/5 (I can't wait to see the movie so I can move onto the rest of the series!)

Watch out, world. Here comes Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter with attitude. In Stephanie's opinion, toxic waste, rabid drivers, armed schizophrenics, and August heat, humidity, and hydrocarbons are all part of the great adventure of living in Jersey. — She's a product of the "burg," a blue-collar pocket of Trenton where houses are attached and narrow, cars are American, window are clean, and (God forbid you should be late) dinner is served at six.

Now Stephanie's all grown up and out on her own, living five miles from Mom and Dad's, doing her best to sever the world's longest umbilical cord. Her mother is a meddler, and her grandmother is a few cans short of a case

Out of work and out of money, with her Miata repossessed and her refrigerator empty, Stephanie blackmails her bail bondsman cousin, Vinnie, into giving her a try as an apprehension agent. Stephanie knows zilch about the job requirements, but she figures her new pal, fearless bounty hunter Ranger, can teach her what it takes to catch a crook.

Her first assignment: nail Joe Morelli, a former vice cop on the run from a charge of murder one. Morelli is also the irresistible macho pig who took Stephanie's virginity at age sixteen and then wrote the details on the bathroom wall of Mario's Sub Shop. There's still powerful chemistry between these two, so the chase should be interesting.

It could also be extremely dangerous, especially when Stephanie encounters a heavyweight title contender who likes to play rough. Benito Ramirez is known for his brutality to women. At the very least, his obsession with Stephanie complicates her manhunt and brings terror and uncertainty into her life. At the worst, it could lead to murder.

~~~~~
Book #2:
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, Bk 1)


"The Hunger Games" Hunger Games Book 1
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: 5/5 (It was an all-night read to finish it before seeing the movie the next evening.  P.S.  The book is better!)

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to death on live TV.

Sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to death before- and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.



 

~~~~~

Book #3:
Crimson Cipher


"The Crimson Cipher"
Author: Susan Page Davis
Rating: 3/5 (This wasn't nearly as exciting or action-packed as I thought it would be.)

The year is 1915---and navy cryptographer Emma Shuster is determined to defend the U.S. against acts of German sabotage! Using the expertise she gained by helping her late father develop a cipher system, she teams up with Lt. John Patterson. But can they outwit the cunning adversary known only as Kobold---German for "goblin"?
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


• What do you think you’ll read next?

I'm just getting started on "The Next Always" but I already know what I'm reading next. 




The Lucky One

I'm on a "read the book before seeing the movie" kick.  Have you read this one yet?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great Wednesday!





12 comments:

  1. Hi Coletta!
    Thank you very much stopping by my blog! :)
    "Hunger Games" intriguings me, here in Italy this book is not so famous than in USA, but the movie is arriving and I'm very curious about it.

    Many greetings from Italy! :)

    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books you've got there! You generally can't go wrong with Nora Roberts, and Hunger Games + Stephanie Plum are definitely entertaining :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you have a look at Netgalley - it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games is awesome! I love Nora Roberts, but I haven't read any of her recent books.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to read my WWW Wednesday

    https://melcj.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/www-wednesday-3/

    I loved The Hunger Games - just saw the film last week - just WOW! :)

    One for the Money sounds like a lot of Fun, so I'll be looking out for that

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lucky One looks like an extremely good movie. I don't know if I want to read the book though.
    Here's mine: http://reviewingwhatimreading.blogspot.com/2012/04/www-wednesdays-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did the opposite--went and saw The Hunger Games first, figuring I'd be less dissatisfied with the movie if I didn't know what to expect. Now I need to read the book!

    Thanks for stopping by Book View Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved the Stephanie Plum books...well the first dozen or so...then they just got a bit stale. But that could have been because I totally binged on the series. But total laugh out loud funny books.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like to read the book before seeing the movie version. You're going to like "Hunger Games!"

    http://katybrandes.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/www-wednesdays-apr-11/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad you didn't enjoy The Crimson Cipher, the premise is promising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any Evanovich, but after reading a bit more about the series, I'm a little more interested. Glad to see you enjoyed it.

    Here's my WWW for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not actually sure which I enjoyed more, The Hunger Games book or movie :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Stephanie Plum. Its so funny because my oldest used to make fun of me because while reading them I would just bust out laughing so she forbid me to read them in public. She finally broke down and read them herself and she does the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.