Thursday, April 19, 2012

3 on Thursday ~ 4/19/12


3 on Thursday


Cole from "All the Small Stuff" and Andrea from "My Chihuahua Bites" are hosting linky that asks a fun question every Thursday.  Make sure you follow their blogs so you can get the question ahead of time and have your answers ready!

This week's questions is:

"What three books are most important to you/do you re-read most frequently?"


Ahh....Books....

One of my very favorite things in the world is to get lost in a good book.  So let me try to pick just three:


1.  The very most important book to me that I'll hopefully read countless times over my life is, of course, The Bible.  I love studying and finding the things really don't change.  If it happens now, most likely it happened in the Bible also.  I also love that it contains God's promises to us and God keeps His promises always.


~~~~~

2.  The second book that really has helped me through some tough times is "From Panic to Power" by Lucinda Bassett.  When I first started dealing with extreme anxiety and depression, I thought I was a lost case.  I had no idea how common my symptoms were.  I don't know how many times I thought/said, "that is exactly how I feel/felt.  This is what is happening to me!"  I finally realized that what I was going through had a name and it there was help to be gotten.  I was so relieved!  I have so many pages marked with pen and highlighter.  Sometimes, I still have to go back and refresh my perspective.
From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life
 ~~~~~


3.  For the third book, I'm going to say "The House That Cleans Itself" by Mindy Starns Clark.  It is a great book for organizing the whole house, room-by-room.  Every couple years when the house starts getting out of control again, I have to start at page one and go through the book step-by-step.  Speaking of which, it is about that time again.  It takes time, but it feels so much better afterward!

The House That Cleans Itself: Creative Solutions for a Clean and Orderly House in Less Time Than You Can Imagine

 
~~~~~

Oh, it was so hard!  There are other books like "Pride & Prejudice" that started my love of reading, certain books that we read at Christmas-time, "Guess How Much I Love You" that I read to my kids over and over when they were little, fictional books that take me to other times and places whenever I pick them up.  So, so many!

I can't wait to see what 3 books others pick!
Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I love Guess How Much I love You too... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need a copy of The House That Cleans Itself! Great list! Thanks for joining the 3 on Thursday fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with on the first one! I would follow that up with...

    7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey

    The 3rd one is hard to narrow down but I will go with The Church of Christ by Edward C Wharton.

    Can I add a 3A in A Shepherd's Look At Psalm 23??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colletta! Thanks for stopping by! I also need a copy of The House That Cleans Itself! I really like to deep clean and organize every 6 months or so and I live by lists so this book would be a nice list for me to use. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.