Friday, January 21, 2022

My Weekly Bookishness ~ 1/21/2022


All things bookish!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I Read:


Review to come soon!

~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm Reading:



Blurb:

Daffodil Caron is not a princess, even though she once dreamed of being one. After all, she grew up as a playmate to royal princes, running through the halls of Perrigwynn Palace and dining with the queen. But the day she stumbled upon a royal secret, everything changed.

Flash forward eighteen years, and Daffy’s living a sweet, non-royal life. A skilled art curator for the Royal Trust, she has friends, a flat in the heart of the city, and a handsome, successful fiancĂ©e. The last person on her mind is Gus, a prince she once called her best mate.

HRH Prince Augustus is no longer “Prince Pudgy,” as caricaturized by the press, he’s charming and gorgeous, possessing a world-famous smile. But when he’s jilted at the altar by an American heiress as millions of people around the world watched, the spare heir to Lauchtenland’s ancient House of Blue escapes, finding solace on a Florida beach.

A year as a regular bloke allows him to rethink his purpose. He’s half decided his calling is to pour pints at a tiki bar, rather than serving his country and the Family.

Until an accident on the beach with a Frisbee changes his course.

Despite his long hair and beard, Daffy recognizes her prince, and their childhood friendship is renewed. She assures Gus Lauchtenland needs him, giving him the courage to return home.

When Daffy and Gus find themselves on assignment to Hadsby Castle in preparation for his brother’s wedding, their friendship blooms into affection.

But Gus cannot, will not, trust his heart again. Daffy’s engaged. And she also remains a royal family outcast because she knows the Queen’s secret.

When affection grows into love and secrets are exposed, trust is destroyed. Gus must choose which is stronger: the lies of his past or the hope of his future. And Daffy must face every fear to prove she will forever love a prince.

First Lines:

Let's begin here...

1938
Dalholm, Northton, Lauchtenland

It is said in the north country of Lauchtenland that the sea has a song and love blooms from the earth the same as flora and fauna.


56%/Page 56

She modernized policy and procedure, the staff pay, uniforms, and customs, all while skillfully keeping the valued traditions that made Lauchtenland an ancient European treasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'll (Probably) Read Next:


Blurb:

After growing up in small-town Hearts Bend, Tennessee, Gemma Stone set off to Hollywood to make her mark in the world.

But her ambition turned into a journey of a “thousand” bad decisions and after twelve years of seeking fame and fortune, Gemma returns home with a limp and a dark secret.

Now she runs a rescue ranch and is raising her friends’ orphaned daughter. She’s keenly aware these defenseless ones are also rescuing her. She just wants to stay hidden in the safe world she’s created.

HRH Crown Prince John has learned a royal title cannot shield him from heartbreak. As heir to the revered House of Blue and married to the love of his life, he believed his future reign would strengthen the royal dynasty of Lauchtenland. Then tragedy changed everything. Can anything save him from his grief?

When he travels to Hearts Bend on a mission for his mother, Queen Catherine, he’s drawn into the local life and cajoled into a three-legged race with the beautiful Gemma Stone during the 4th of July festivities.

While the event has a disastrous result, Prince John and Gemma form a quick friendship—one of two wounded souls finding comfort in one other. However, love is absolutely not an option. John desperately wants to hold onto the memories of his wife, and Gemma refuses to trust her heart to any man. Even a prince.

Then Prince John is called home for an emergency. How can he leave the woman who lifted him from his sorrows? But can Gemma join him on a royal stage and risk her secret coming to light?

With a touch of divine help, Prince John and Gemma just might find the kind of love that saves and ultimately write their very own fairy tale.

~~~~~~~~~~

Book Haul:


   ~~~~~~~~~~

Book Blogger Hop:

Q.  What is the average number of books you read per month? (submitted by Elizabeth @ Silver's Reviews)

A.  Sadly, last year was abysmal with only 1 book per on average a month.  This year's goal is 4 books per month or one per week.  So far, so good!

~~~~~~~~~~

Bookishly Yours,


Linking up to: 

   


https://www.coffeeaddictedwriter.com/

http://www.fredasvoice.com/  http://www.rosecityreader.com/


30 comments:

  1. Interesting quotes. With a setting of 1938, I'm betting "moderinzation" isn't quite what I'm picturing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Love a Prince has such a pretty cover. I like the excerpts you shared too and hope you are enjoying it! I think I've mentioned before how much I want to read The Ex Talk.:-) I am glad your reading has picked up this month and wish you the best with your goal! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've had a great week. I added To Love A Prince to my TBR pile. I hope you enjoy your new books. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first line is from Chapter 1 of To Treasure an Heiress by Roseanna White:

    11 July. Samson, Isles of Scilly
    “Beth Tremayne crept silently through the creaking doorway of the abandoned cottage as the first stokes of dawn painted the sky over the islands.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting books. I don't think I will add to my TBR pile just yet, but maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy Rachel Hauck's books and I own both of these on my Kindle...I need to read them. Enjoy! https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/first-line-friday-song-of-silence.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauchtenland sounds like quite a place! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading Mulberry Hollow by Denise Hunter. I am really enjoying it! I’m just starting chapter 7, so I’ll share from there.
    “It was amazing how much could change over a weekend.”
    Truer words! LOL!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with relaxing reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Hauck and Susan May Warren are two of my all-time favorites! This week on my blog I shared the first line from The Girl Who Could Breathe Under Water by Erin Bartels: http://gracetogrowblog.com/girl-who-could-breathe-under-water-erin-bartels/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from the blogger hop - good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so distracted by those long, flowy dresses. Can you imagine how much junk they sweep up as a person walks in them? Ha! My Friday Quotes are here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am pretty much reading a book a week too, although I've barely read a page this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ex Talk looks like great fun.

    I'm glad you are reading more this year than last. I don't really have a goal, but I'm generally happy if I finish one good book a week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Love a Prince sounds like quite the melodrama.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  15. This weekend, I'm reading Their Unbreakable Bond by Deb Kastner. The first line is: It was the Be Back Shortly sign on the door of the gift shop, with an arrow pointing toward the barn, that had sent Stone Keller in this direction.
    On my First Line Friday blog post, I featured To Treasure an Heiress by Rosenanna M. White: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/01/21/to-treasure-an-heiress/
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Ex Talk is one I need to get an actual book to read. I tried the audiobook but it wasn't working even though I was kind of liking the story, and have enjoyed this author's other books. Glad you're able to get more reading done this year!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  17. A book a week is a comfortable pace for me, too. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your upcoming reads! I'm not sure what my monthly average is for books. Probably 7 or 8. It's hard to know because I read a ton in winter and barely at all in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice looking books coming up for you.
    I hope you get to enjoy more reading this year.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Books centered around royalty are usually fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard others talking about The Ex Talk. I hope you liked it! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Ex Talk caught my eye. Enjoy your week and your books, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always have the goal of one book a week as well and sometimes it's super doable, and other times I just can't find the time to actually sit down and do it. I hope you enjoy your reads, they look delightful! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice looking books. I read obsessively - generally more than 20 a month. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am ashamed to say that The Ex Talk is still sitting on my shelf...I need to pull it down and read it!!

    Here is my post for the day:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2022/01/it-is-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Ex Talk and To Save A King sound good. Hope you can keep up with your goal.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0958971263.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty covers.

    Hope they all are good reads.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. In this crazy cold (Illinois), your warm/hot readings are enticing, lol. Have a great end of week.
    Oh, and I love your word "bookishness"
    My post is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/23/sunday-post-50-1-23-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you enjoyed Ex Talk! That's on my TBR! I hope you meet your goal this year!

    My WWW!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.