1. It may be a little shocking, but National Static Electricity Day is January 9!! Do you often get shocked often when you touch metal? Here are some things to avoid!
How to Avoid the Shock of Static Electricity
The drier air of winter months is a better insulator than the more humid air of summer. To help prevent static electricity, use a humidifier to put moister back into the air in your home during the winter months.
Our skin is drier in the winter months, too. Putting on moisturizer before getting dressed is recommended.
Synthetic fabrics are better insulators than natural fibers. Wearing materials made from natural fibers such as cotton will help reduce the amount of static electricity that’s stirred up.
While walking around the house, at work or shopping, holding a key or a metal pen in your hand will help discharge the build-up of static electricity painlessly.
Switching to leather soled shoes versus rubber-soled shoes will help reduce the amount of static that is built up.
It seems like some days are more "static-y" than others. Great tips!
2. There are actually two "National" days worthy of mention! It is also National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Our men and women working in many areas of law enforcement put their lives on the line for us daily. Do you know someone working in law enforcement who you can thank today?
I don't know anyone personally, but I'll take this chance to say "THANK YOU"!
3. At our house right now it is all about football. Joe's Philadelphia Eagles barely won their game on Sunday to move forward in the playoffs and another chance to play in the Super Bowl this year. Do you have a favorite team in the playoffs or does football make you yawn? Is there a Super Bowl party in your future, no matter the teams playing?
My team, The Pittsburgh Steelers, are out of the running. My husband likes the Ravens, but they lost this past Sunday, so now I'm just routing for anyone but the Patriots! lol Probably no Super Bowl Party but I will watch.
4. Speaking of parties, there is always lots of food at parties I attend. Tell us a weird food combination that you really enjoy (or have enjoyed). It doesn't have to be party food.
This is weird but I like to crunch up potato chips in my mac-n-cheese!
5. Since we are on games and parties, what game have you spent the most hours playing?
We try to have family game night a few nights a month especially as the girls are getting older. It is good quality family time. The game that takes the longer is by far Monopoly and the misc. variations of it that we have...Dogopoly, Disneyopoly, etc.
6. Tell us something random about your week so far.
My cousin is off work this week. That means I get a week off too. (I babysit her little boy.) I'm finding it relaxing yet a bit boring. I am getting lots of reading and crocheting done though :)