National Science Fiction Day is celebrated annually on January 2nd by millions of science fiction fans across the United States. The date of January 2 was chosen for National Science Fiction Day as it corresponds with the birth date of famed science fiction writer Isaac Asimov. National Science Fiction Day is recognized by the Hallmark Channel and the Scholastic Corporation.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Watch some classic science fiction t.v. shows or movies. Start reading a science fiction novel. Use #ScienceFictionDay to post on social media.
1. Will you observe National Science Fiction Day as recommended above? Do you even like science fiction?
I am not a huge fan of Science Fiction. I can watch a movie now and then but I don't think I've ever read a Science Fiction book. So, no, I'm not planning to observe Science Fiction Day.
2. Have you chosen a "word" for 2019? Many people do. THIS QUIZ might help you find your word!!
I have chosen my "One Word" for 2019. My word for the year is "Discipline". There are many areas in my life where I need more discipline including but not limited to diet, exercise and Bible reading.
3. Did you stay up to see the new year in? Are you happy or sad to see 2018 go?
As I'm writing this on Monday, I can't say for sure if I'll stay up until midnight tonight but I plan to. I'm always excited to ring in a new year. I look forward to a fresh start and getting a new wall calendar!
4. I really enjoy the Tournament of Roses parade on New Year's Day but rarely get to sit and enjoy the entire parade because I am cooking. Did you watch the parade? Did you cook/eat the traditional foods (pork, black-eyed peas, kraut, greens...) to begin the new year?
I've never heard of the Tournament of Roses parade... On New Year's Day we always go to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and have the traditional pork, and sauerkraut along with mashed potatoes and sides. My Mom always bakes a Banana Cake for dessert. Yummy :)
5. I have to ask... Resolutions. Did you make any or set some new goals for 2019? Or do you even think about it?
My goals follow along with my "One Word" of discipline. I want to have more discipline in my life and actually follow through with my goals or resolutions. I'd like to lose 50 lbs this year which needs me to be disciplined in my diet and exercise. I also want to read through the Bible in 2019 which will take tons of discipline!
6. Tell us something random about your week
I just want to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very happy, healthy and blessed 2019! Happy New Year!