Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Book Review ~ Fatal Exchange by Lisa Harris ~ 3/23/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
18637160
 
Blurb:
 
Emily Hunt might come from a family of cops, but she never goes looking for an adrenaline rush. She lives the quiet–well, relatively quiet–life of a teacher and thrives on making a difference in the lives of her students. But she’ll have to draw on a well of strength and savvy she didn’t know she had as student Rafael Cerda takes her class hostage for ransom money to save his brother’s life.

Undercover cop Mason Taylor has been working with Rafael to find his brother and bring the cartel thugs who hold him to justice. Can he talk Rafael down from his impulsive actions? And is there something more sinister at work here than he realizes?

Fatal Exchange draws readers into a complex matrix of intertwining lives and unraveling secrets, where every answer creates more questions. Romantic suspense fans will hardly want to come up for air

My Thoughts:
 
This is the second book in the Southern Crimes series.  You can read my review of "Dangerous Passage", book one HERE.
 
After reading the first book and LOVING it, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book and read it.
 
I was NOT disappointed!  There were times were I literally found myself holding my breath!
 
Almost the entire book takes place over the course of one extreme day.  There is so much action and drama packed into that one day that it is amazing.
 
The character were great.  I really liked both Emily and Mason, the main characters.  Romance was hinted at during the ending of the book.
 
If you like crime dramas, this is a book you must read!  I'm so excited that book three of the series is already on my bookshelf!  I can't wait to read Michael's story :) 
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention , Literacy Musings, Saturday Situation, Booknificent.

2 comments:

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.