Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Book Review ~ Betting on Hope by Debra Clopton ~ 3/16/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
22578263
 
Blurb:
 
One clutzy advice columnist.

One champion cowboy.

And an entire small town rooting for love.

Advice columnist Maggie Hope never dreamed she d be shaking hands with champion horse trainer Tru Monahan over a high-stakes bet, especially one that involves horses. And saddles. And everything else a city girl like Maggie feels uncomfortable around. But after filling in for a coworker and interviewing the handsome cowboy, she finds herself doing just that. Anything to save her advice column.

Despite Maggie s two left feet, Tru is bound and determined to bring out her inner cowgirl by teaching her to ride a cutting horse, trained to separate cattle from the rest of the herd. While her riding improves, their attraction intensifi es, but Tru knows he can never let her into his heart for her own good.

In Wishing Springs, a community full of meddling but well-meaning townsfolk, Maggie discovers the home she s always longed for. But she s holding something back a secret that could destroy her reputation and any future she s ever hoped for with the cowboy she mightust love."

My Thoughts:
 
I read the third book of the Four of Hearts Ranch Series, "Kissed by a Cowboy", first.  I knew right away that I must read about Jarrod's brothers, Tru and Bo, also.  Luckily, a friend on  paperbackswap.com had the first two books of the series and sent them to me! 
 
I was so excited!
 
I tried to read another book before picking up this one but just couldn't get into it because I really wanted to be reading "Betting on Hope".  Finally, I gave in and picked it up :)
 
It did NOT disappoint!
 
I loved getting to know Maggie and Tru's characters.  Their histories, their personalities and their romance.  Especially their romance :)
 
It was fun reading about Tru and Maggie's "bet" and Tru teaching Maggie to ride.  Sigh....
 
I can't wait to read "Counting on a Cowboy", Bo's story.
 

Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention , Literacy Musings, Saturday Situation, Booknificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.