Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Book Review ~ Beyond the Storm by Carolyn Zane ~ 3/2/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
13613020
 
Blurb:
 
After a tornado rips through her town, store owner Abigail comes across a piece of fabric from a wedding dress among the devastation. Abigail is moved to start collecting other swatches of fabric she finds - her neighbor's kitchen curtains, a man's necktie, a dog's bed - which she stashes in shopping bags. As she pursues her seemingly absurd quest, horrible realities spark the question, What kind of a God would allow such tragedy As she struggles to reconcile her right to happiness amidst the destruction, Abigail begins piecing together a patchwork quilt from the salvaged fabric in hopes it will bring some peace. But a new relationship with Justin, a contractor, may require too much of her fragile heart. Will her pain and questions of faith give way to the courage to love? 

My Thoughts:
 
This book was amazing.  As in, rip-your-heart-out amazing!
 
Almost the first half of the book took place over a period of one day.  The day the tornado hit.  The detail was unreal.  I got so wrapped up in the story that I was holding my breath while I read!
 
I loved the story of how Abigail evolved in her Christianity through tragedy.  It was really heart-wrenching sometimes but the message was amazing.
 
I really liked the characters in this book.  The author gives insight into them all and I felt like I got to know them all as the family they became.
 
There was just the right amount of romance that it didn't interfere with the seriousness of the story.
 
It was just truly a wonderful read.


Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention , Literacy Musings, Saturday Situation, Booknificent.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't characters just so important to a book like this? I love it when I close the cover and then wonder what the characters are doing even after the narrative flow is done! Thanks for your review and recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed several books in this Quilts of Love series and even found some new favorite authors! I'll have to check this one out! Thanks for being a part of the Booknificent Thursday reading community this week!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.