Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Book Review ~ Counting on a Cowboy by Debra Clopton ~ 3/23/16

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
24212679
 
Blurb:
 
After losing everything she held dear, Abby never wants to love again. But a certain cowboy may just spur her to wonder if love might be worth the risk.

Running from a past that haunts her, Abby Knightly is drawn to the cozy town of Wishing Springs, Texas. Maybe this small town could offer hope and healing and a future for Abby . . . if she s brave enough to reach out and take it by the reins.

Bo Monahan isn t interested in the new romantic destination his little town has become or the women who might be looking at him like he s their next Mr. Right. Between taking care of his Pops and his growing stirrup business, he isn t looking for serious romantic commitments. But when the infant son he never knew about shows up at his doorstep, his world is turned upside down.

This confirmed bachelor might not think he needs a wife, but he sure needs help. Even Abby can see that, and despite her best efforts to keep her distance, she can t help but be drawn to this new father-son duo. As Abby throws herself into helping Bo navigate fatherhood, hope sparks between them, revealing that maybe, just maybe, they can navigate their dark pasts and emerge together into a future as bright as the Texas sun itself.

My Thoughts:
 
I read the third book of the Four of Hearts Ranch Series, "Kissed by a Cowboy", first.  Then I was lucky enough to get hands on the first and second books of the series.  I read and reviewed "Betting on Hope" last week.  I finally finished out the series with "Counting on a Cowboy", Bo's story.
 
I was really excited to read this book.  I was really curious how all the characters were going to come into play.
 
I loved Abby.  She was struggling to get her life back together and was hurting so badly.  Bo's son, Levi, did so much to help her heal.
 
Bo was, of course, "almost" perfect!  He could be a little pushy but he was a good guy.  He made for a great hero to the story.
 
I fell in love with the town of Wishing Springs and wish I could go there to visit.  Maybe for the annual picnic!
 
I'm sad to see this series end but I enjoyed it immensely!  I look forward to reading more by Debra Clopton in the future.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!
 
Linking up to  WholeHearted WednesdayR&R, Word Filled Wednesday, Coffee and Conversation, Ladies Collective,   Party in Your PJs,  The Mommy Club, Works or Me, Wake-Up Wednesday and  Women with Intention , Literacy Musings, Saturday Situation, Booknificent.

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading the reviews for Clopton's last book Kissed by a Cowboy. Sounds like fans of this series will continue to be pleased! Thanks for sharing at the #LMMLinkup.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.