Monday, June 25, 2012

Book Review: "Wildflower Bride" by Mary Connealy


Wildflower Bride (Montana Marriages, Bk 3)

Title:  "Wildflower Bride"
Series:  Montana Marriages Book 3
Author:  Mary Connealy
Publisher:  Barbour Books
Publication Date:  5/1/2010
Pages:  320

Book Description (PBS):

Welcome to the wilds of Montana, where humor, romance, and suspense ride the range. Glowing Sun, a white woman raised by the Flathead tribe, has vague memories of her former life, including a name - Abby Lind. When she's forced to sever all links with her adopted Shoshone family, Abby wonders if she'll ever find a home again.

Tenderhearted Wade Sawyer, responsible for Abby's survival during the village massacre, convinces the knife-wielding woman to return with him to the Sawyer Ranch, never realizing danger lurks behind every corner. Can they survive long enough to fall in love?

My Overall Feeling of the Book:

This was the third and final book of the Montana Marriages series.  I read the first two books quite a while ago and finally finished out the series as part of the "All Series, All Summer 2012".  I also read this book as part of the Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon.

My feelings were contradictory with this book.  I enjoyed the book for the most part but felt at odds with Abby a lot.  I just couldn't quite come to love her character and attitude.  It felt a bit forced to me.

Even though I really liked the first two books in the series and enjoy when characters I've come to know make an appearance, I felt a bit like they were taking up too much of the story and away from Wade and Abby's story.

My Favorite Character:

My favorite character was Belle Tanner Harden and her daughters.  They were the main characters of the second book of this series, which supports my thoughts above.

My Favorite Scene:

My favorite scene is when Cassie Dawson (from the first book of the series) is trying to learn to throw her knife and can't make it stick in the bulls eye.  This again supports my thoughts above.


My Favorite Sentence(s):
"Belle, honey, I might need you to shoot a man."
"Now, Silas? Or can it wait until after lunch?"

Belle and Silas Harden page 128 

(also supports my thoughts above).


It Woud Have Been Better If:

I think you can tell by now that I think the book would have been better if it was more focused on Wade and Abby and a bit less on characters from previou books.  If I hadn't read the first two books of the series and picked this one up, I would have been lost.

I Would Recommend This Book To:

Western historical romance readers, tomboys, ranchers, horse lover, those with in-law problems.

Rating

3/5

On to the next book,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.