Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Book Review ~ Lady Anne's Quest by Susan Page Davis ~ 10/7/15


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
12156383

Blurb:

Lady Anne Stone believes her prayers are answered and she’s at last found her long lost uncle. Unwilling to let her meet him on her own, Daniel Adams accompanies her to her uncle’s ranch. But instead of answers, Anne is left with more questions. Both Dan and Anne are convinced the man introduced as her uncle is an imposter and decide to continue the search for the new Earl of Stoneford.

But now the swindler is on their trail, hoping to steal Uncle David’s inheritance. Dan has his hands full trying to protect Anne, but he finds he must guard his heart just as carefully. Even though he’s good at keeping her safe, he knows he’ll never convince Anne to become a farmer’s wife in Oregon when she has her sights set on returning to her home in England. But as Anne’s quest becomes even more difficult — and dangerous — Anne begins to see Dan differently. Will she soon be envisioning a new life in America?
 
My Thoughts:

I'm glad I had this second book of the Prairie Dreams series on my shelf to jump right into after reading The Lady's Maid.  (Read my review HERE.)  I couldn't wait to see if David Stone was found.

This book is a series of misadventures.  Anne and Dan are tracking the last moves of Anne's uncle David.  It seems like each lead gets them a little closer yet so far away.  They have to travel through some pretty perilous conditions.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't care much for Anne.  I thought she was spoiled, pampered and stuck-up.  I thought this while reading the first book and my opinion didn't change much throughout this book.  I felt that she didn't really deserve the admiration she got from Dan other than from her pretty looks.

Dan is solid, steady and there for Anne no matter what comes along and a lot came along.  The author really didn't describe him very much which was a shame.  I would have liked to know him better.

In fact, more than half the story was from the POV of David Stone and Millie Evans.  I feel like I got to know them more than I did Anne and Dan.  This was a great set-up for book three, though.

Sadly, I don't have the third book on my shelf.  I'll have to wait patiently until I can get my hands on it.  I can't wait to see if David makes it back to England!

 
On to the Next Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.