Sunday, July 12, 2015

Songs on Sunday ~ Brother ~ 7/12/15


 I have one sibling, an older brother.  Growing up I knew I was never alone because he was always by my side.  Now that we are adults, I feel that we are closer than ever.  I have his back and I know that he has mine.

Even though I'm now married with children of my own, there is still a special bond  between my brother and I that growing up together has forged.

I love the verse that says, "Everybody needs someone beside em shining like a lighthouse from the sea."  We need people in our lives that will shine like a lighthouse for us when we are struggling and maybe can't see things clearly.

Do you have a sibling that is that lighthouse for you?  Or maybe a friend that is closer than a brother?




Brother

By Needtobreathe
Ramblers in the wilderness we cant find what we need
Get a little restless from the searching
Get a little worn down in between
Like a bull chasing the matador is the man left to his own schemes
Everybody needs someone beside em shining like a lighthouse from the sea
Brother let me be your shelter
Ill never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When youre low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
Face down in the desert now theres a cage locked around my heart
I found a way to drop the keys where my failures were
Now my hands cant reach that far
I aint made for a robbery I could never take the world alone
I know that in my weakness I am stronger
Its your love that brings me home
Brother let me be your shelter
Ill never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When youre low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
Brother let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When youre low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
Brother let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When youre feeling low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
Brother let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When youre low
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
Brother let me be your shelter
Brother let me be your shelter
Brother let me be your shelter
Brother let me be your shelter
Brother let me be your shelter


Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!



3 comments:

  1. Love this! I have four brothers and everyone of them and I have a special relationship. My parents did a wonderful job teaching us and showing us how to love each other. We are all spread apart now but when we are together it is truly special. Thank you for these beautiful words today and for sharing them at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed to have a relationship with your brother as you state. Especially as we get older it is important to have family to rely on. Beautiful words and so meaningful in the lyrics. Enjoyed reading tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wish I had a brother! I've never heard that song before, so thanks for sharing this with us at Grace & Truth so I could find you and listen. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.