Saturday, July 11, 2015

Saturday 9 ~ Crazy Little Thing Called Love ~ 7/11/15




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

 (Sorry, I can't get the picture to center!)
 
Listen to the song HERE.
 
1) In this video, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury is wearing a leather jacket. Do you have a leather jacket?
No, I do not own a leather jacket.


2) eThere's a statue of Freddie in Switzerland. There's another statue of him above the Dominion Theater in London. Tell us about a statue or memorial in your town.
The only statue/memorial we have in our little town is a Memorial to the Veterans.


3) Mercury said this song was inspired by Elvis Presley. What's your favorite Elvis song?
I'll have to go with "Love Me Tender" but his Christmas song are up there too.


 4) This song was covered by the animated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Do you still watch cartoons?

I have an 8 year old so I do whether I want to or not! lol

 5) The members of Queen met while attending Ealing Art College in London. Are you still in touch with the friends you had in your late teens and early 20s?

Not as much as I would like to be.  Life seems to get in the way.

 6) During Queen's hey day in the 1980s, Mercury stayed in shape with tennis and swimming. Are you more accomplished on the court or in the pool?

Neither, really.  I've been in the pool more recently than on a court though.


7) In 1980, when this song was popular, Brooke Shields made a jeans commercial where she said, "Nothing comes between me and Calvins." It actually only aired for a short time because so many viewers called and complained about it. Have you ever called or emailed to protest something you saw on TV?

No, but the Brooke Shields protest is hilarious considering some of the things on TV now!

 8) 1980 is also the year the Post-It note was introduced. What's the last Post-It you wrote?

I write on post-its daily at work.  I think I was making a to-do list.

9) Random question: Do you blush easily?
 
I might get embarrassed but I don't think I actually "blush" very easily.
 
 
Please leave a comment with a link so I can return the visit!




6 comments:

  1. "Life seems to get in the way." Isn't that true? Sad, yes, but it seems friends drift away with time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that the Brooke Shields thing seems tame compared to what's out there today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1980 was a completely different time and a different mindset. Friends come and go, I'm afraid. Although I do wonder if the young people, in touch constantly via the 'net, will ever lose some of their friends. And maybe they would want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Bud had a great take on the Brooke Shields question. Turn the channel! This works especially well if you were one of the Neilsen families. hehe

    I stayed in touch with my roomie from uni until she passed away. High School, for me, was right before the Vietnam war. It did a lot to wreck things for our Gen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having to be subjected to cartoons that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are 10, 12 and 13 and we STILL get subjected to ridick cartoons that they find amusing. I can't wait until they roll their eyes at these shows as much as we parents do!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.