Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
(Sorry, I can't get the picture to center!)
Listen to the song HERE.
1) In this video, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury is wearing a leather jacket. Do you have a leather jacket?No, I do not own a leather jacket.
2) eThere's a statue of Freddie in Switzerland. There's another statue of him above the Dominion Theater in London. Tell us about a statue or memorial in your town.
3) Mercury said this song was inspired by Elvis Presley. What's your favorite Elvis song?
4) This song was covered by the animated Alvin and the Chipmunks. Do you still watch cartoons?
I have an 8 year old so I do whether I want to or not! lol
5) The members of Queen met while attending Ealing Art College in London. Are you still in touch with the friends you had in your late teens and early 20s?
Not as much as I would like to be. Life seems to get in the way.
6) During Queen's hey day in the 1980s, Mercury stayed in shape with tennis and swimming. Are you more accomplished on the court or in the pool?
Neither, really. I've been in the pool more recently than on a court though.
7) In 1980, when this song was popular, Brooke Shields made a jeans commercial where she said, "Nothing comes between me and Calvins." It actually only aired for a short time because so many viewers called and complained about it. Have you ever called or emailed to protest something you saw on TV?
No, but the Brooke Shields protest is hilarious considering some of the things on TV now!
8) 1980 is also the year the Post-It note was introduced. What's the last Post-It you wrote?
I write on post-its daily at work. I think I was making a to-do list.
9) Random question: Do you blush easily?
I might get embarrassed but I don't think I actually "blush" very easily.