Joyce's Hodgepodgey Questions:
1. When did you last 'swim against the tide'? Explain.
I swim against the tide every time I go to the gym. At least it feels that way!
2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?
Right now I'm reading the following:
3. "Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith)
Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.
4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?
Baking cookies with my Grandmother and washing dishes with my Mom.
5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.
I read and played outside. My kids tend to spend their time in their bedroom unless "forced" outside.
6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?
Any water, anywhere!
7. Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It has been hard getting back into my normal routine after being gone on vacation. I'm hoping that getting back into my blogging groove will help with that :)
I'd love to return the visit! Please leave a comment and a link!