Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Popcorn Balls

Saturday we to spent a Family Fun Day at home.  We hung out at the pool, watched the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie and the girls went through our cookbooks looking for a goody we could make together.

Kaylee came across this homemade Popcorn Ball recipe in her cookbook "Mommy & Me".  It has a ton of great, easy recipes to make with your kids.  They are simple and the kids get their hands into the cooking and baking.  This recipe they literally got their hands into it!



Popcorn Balls

10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
3/4 cup butter
1 (1 lb.) bag marshmallows

Pop the popcorn and place it in a very large bowl.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat and add the marshmallows.  Cook until marshmallows are gooey stirring constantly.

Pour the melted marshmallows over the bowl of popcorn and mix until the popcorn is coated.

When cooled, moisten your hands with cold water and form into balls.

Place the balls on wax paper and let set up.

Share with family and friends!


If your family is anything like mine, they won't be able to wait until the marshmallow sets up.  It was hilarious watching them eat the popcorn balls while they were falling apart in their hands.

There are a lot of fun things you could add to these Popcorn Balls.  Chocolate chips, sprinkles, colored sugar, etc.

We had a lot of fun with this recipe.  I hope you do too!


Please see my left sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

9 comments:

  1. These look SO yummy! I need to get some marshmallows so I can make 'em. :-)

    XOXO~ Renee C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! Fun together as a family is such an investment for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you just made me wonder why I haven't tried these before it seems so easy!

    I'm write it down give it a try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, an easy recipe for popcorn balls! yay! Ill try it! thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE popcorn ball!! Thank you for sharing an easy recipe for them. We may have to give these a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely family time you had! I miss those kinds of family time.

    We still have fun times together, on the rare occasions that both kids are home on the same night, but it's few and far between and usually involves playing a game or watching t.v. It's hard when they're older.

    Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great and seem like a fun kitchen project! Especially with fall quickly coming around the corner. Hmmm....think we will be trying this very soon.


    I would love it if you could stop by my very first blog hop debuting today and share this post!

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great and seem like a fun kitchen project! Especially with fall quickly coming around the corner. Hmmm....think we will be trying this very soon. I would love it if you could stop by my very first blog hop debuting today and share this post! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.