Monday, July 11, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge Bars

I've been on a chocolate and peanut butter kick lately.  I found this recipe at http://www.pastrychefbaking.blogspot.com/

Everyone seemed to like them but I'm still stuck on those Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars.  yummmm.....  Gonna have to make them again soon.

This bar isn't as sweet but is still very rich with that chocolate fudgy center.


Peanut Butter Fudge Bars

1 (18.5oz) package yellow cake mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 baking pan.

In a large bowl place the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs and oil.  Blend with mixer approx 1-2 minutes until well blended.

Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the mixture in a separate bowl.  Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.  Set aside.

In a saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips with the condensed milk and butter.  Stir until well blended and smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

Pour over the crust.  Sprinkle remaining cake mixture over the top of the chocolate layer.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the topping is firm to the touch.

Cool completely and cut into bars.

Share with family and friends.



 If you try both this recipe and the Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars recipe, let me know how you would compare them.

Have a great week!


Please see my left sidebar for the great places I'll be linking to!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, mixing peanut butter and fudge. Yum! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look Yummy! I'm having a link party Cast Party Wednesday. This recipe would be a perfect addition. Would you come over and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Coletta!

    I enjoyed catching up with your blog this evening, it's been awhile and I'm just returning to "blogland". Your recipes look amazing...however, they will not help with my weight loss efforts! ;0)

    Blessings!
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colletta,
    I really love a great bar like this that can go anywhere. It looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week. Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I will have to try. Found you over on an Etsy forum and wanted to stop by and say hi!!

    www.simplymadebyerin.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Unfortunately, due to spammers, I now have to moderate comments.